290 Speedtraps TODAY

Hm. I was oot and aboot on the 290 and 990 last night and didn’t see a single cop.

anyone see them out today? im traveling the 290 later today and just wondering if i should take my parents car

[quote=“Tunerfreak,post:42,topic:29708"”]

anyone see them out today? im traveling the 290 later today and just wondering if i should take my parents car

[/quote]

Is your car incapable of going the speed limit, or is there just a bunch of illegal shit on it?

[quote=“JayS,post:43,topic:29708"”]

Is your car incapable of going the speed limit, or is there just a bunch of illegal shit on it?

[/quote]

no its just my car is red which would stand out plus my exhaust is all i am worried about. if they are pulling people over for 3 over i would be they would pull me over for a loud exhaust

“Paranoia will destroy ya” -Jamiroquai

looks like i’ll be driving the hatch for a while…not gonna take any chances if they’re pulling people over for 3mph over…

that’s just ridiculous, you could be driving, sneeze, and the jerking motion of the sneeze may cause you to tap the gas a bit, and that’s all it would take to go that 3mph over…

They are not pulling people over for 3mph over. I have been out driving yesterday and today and went past cops 5mph (60 in 55, and 70 in 65) with no other cars around and the cops didnt move.

i left work at 5 took the whole stretch of the 290 and didnt see one trooper…must ahve just missed it :gotme:

was on the 290 today goin into tonawanda and both goin there and comin back people were pulled over. saw a total of 7 people and 1 of them wasent by an unmarked car. and dont forget guys they have plate readers too so they know if your inspection sticker and reg are legit or not.

[quote=“95dime,post:49,topic:29708"”]

1 of them wasent by an unmarked car.

[/quote]

I was told By a CPD Cop that on the NYS thruway, No unmarked cars can pull anyone over. Sure it wasn’t a regular trooper car without the lights on top?

So is the thruway still being heavily patrolled? I have a bad feeling about going to the s&r cruise.

[quote=“NYSFF,post:50,topic:29708"”]

I was told By a CPD Cop that on the NYS thruway, No unmarked cars can pull anyone over. Sure it wasn’t a regular trooper car without the lights on top?

[/quote]

He said 290, not 90.

The thruway was pretty bad Monday morning when I came home, I’ll see Friday night if it’s bad again (likely).

NYS law prohibits the use of unmarked state police cars for routine traffic stops. If someone gets a ticket from that I’m guessing you can get it thrown out. Do a search, I know I’ve posted the specific law that Pataki signed before. It does not apply to anyone other than State Police though.

They were back out there again today. Around 12-2 on 290W bound inbetween Main Street W & the Sheridan/Harlem exit. About 8 stateys and 2 Amherst cars.