2nd gear notchy after royal purple

I changed my tranny fluid on monday. It was really low when I drained it, and I put royal purple 75w90 in. When I took it for a drive afterwards the same day it was fine. The next morning, I started driving and it wouldn’t slide into 2nd gear nicely. Sometimes it would grind, and other times it would be “notchy” going in. All the other gears are going in fine. At a stop with the clutch down it goes into every gear the same.

Also, after driving it for a while, it improved. It seems like the cold affects the royal purple because after say 15 minutes driving on a cold day, it would never grind and would slide in fairly well.

So everyday since monday when i changed it, in the cold it would grind and go in rough, but once the car warmed up it improved. Has anyone else had this experience?

I was told it might be synchros, but 2nd gear doesnt just pop out of gear when I change gears.

Any ideas? Do I just have to bear with it in the cold?

I got mt90 in my tranny and noticed that the first few mins in the cold it’s a little rough just be slow and easy with it, since the rest of your car is warming up also anyways.

Royal purple works better after it has been heated up a few times

it because of the thick viscosity. once it warms up it will be fine .

^^^ Yea my car does the samething when its cold, does’nt really go in as smoothly. Pretty sure its nothing bad though.

alright thanks guys.

2nd gear grind,clunk for me to when it is cold. Once it all warms up the problem goes away.