3" resonator, any advice or experience?

I am looking to get a resonator with 3" inlet and outlets and approx 14"-16" long. oval or round style, centered inlet and outlet. Something with a straight through design that won’t effect flow but will quite down the exhuast. This will be for my SR20DET, probably going in just after the downpipe.

So I am wondering if any of you have any advice as to what kind I should go for? And experience with a similiar product? I have a BEE*R catback and muffler that has a low exhuast tone, sounds nice, fairly quite but just a little on the loud side for my taste. Right now I still have stock elbow, downpipe, and cat, but come spring time I am changing all that and don’t want my exhuast to get any louder if possible. So let me know what you think I should do or what product I should buy.
Thanks!

Just buy a MagnaFlow resonator. They are cheap and flow great.

dont get megna flow unless you want to waist your money. Go to a muffler shop and get a 3" deisel truck one. Theyre about $70 and they work amazing. I used to run one and made the exhaust sound nice and quiet and still free flowing. I did flip it around so that the gasses didnt go through the glass so id recomend that!

I now have an HKS unit and I dont like it very much. Id rather have my old one back! Do this and you will not be kicking yourself in the ass in the end unless you like some whistle tip sound or som gay shit! Good luck dude!

Dude, havent you heard…whistle tips are the fucking BOMB!!!

Yeah, nigga! The whistles got WHOOOOO! :E

whistle tip?

BUBBA RUB GOES LIKE WHOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cool, thanks for the advice! Obviously it will never be seen, so what’s the point of a mirror like, chrome finish right?!! I am not 100% sure what you ment by flipping it around? Just flipping the intake side to the outlet side? How would that effect if it goes throught the glass pack or not?

Thanks for the help!

i use a plastic Big Gulp cup from 711… just cut a hole out of the bottom and duct tape it to your exaust… instant resinator tip :smiley:

if you have it normal it will make it super quiet, im not even sure exactly waht it will sound like. I flipped it around so it spins the exhaust and doesnt go through the glass making it a bit louder which isnt loud really at all so just do it :slight_smile: It will also realisticly last forever since nothing harmfull will be geting inside the glass so ya. Give it a try!

I think I will, I’ll try to let you all know how it goes.

I’d be interested to know how that works. I need to install a resonator on m 3 inch in the summer and this is an interesting idea

its a pre-muffler that makes a system quiet…HKS, APEX’i offer jasma systems, which include pre-mufflers, BLITZ on the other hand is a straight through system…