3 times a charm?

Bought & installed a HP tranny @ the end of last year just before putting away for the winter. Heres the story,Sent to a guy in Mich who came highly recommended by many on a GN site. Spent extra $$ for H.P. new hardened parts. Was told it was good for a high 10 second car. I got it out this spring & it never really shifted right, wouldnt upshift under WOT half the time so I pulled it back out & sent it back. He said he installed the wrong valve body. O-K, shit happens so after 3 weeks I get it back, install it & it shifted great, for one run and then it became a $2,0000 aluminum blender. Took it back out, tore it down, found out he didnt install any new parts let alone “H.P. hardened parts”. Told the builder I was taking it to someone else to back up my findings & he offered to give me most of my $$ back. At this point I would have taken almost anything because he didnt warranty Hard Parts breakage,& it is over 6 months old & I really couldnt prove they were used parts. So anyway, Kevin (BuickGN) recommended a guy out of Ohio that really knows these POS transmissions & knows how to make them live in a high perf car. He is building my original tranny with billet parts for less than the last jerk charged for a rebuild with used parts. Thanks Kevin, Vince is a real stand up guy. He showed me his car, it runs low 9’s on a 2004r tranny he built 4 years ago! I cant wait to get it back & installed. Looking for low 11’s this year. Maybe a high 10 sec run with the new GT6162 turbo?? Hey, a guy can wish right? Anyway. Just wanted to share my nightmare.

next time, you should share with paragraphs.

anyway, good luck with all that.

Man that sucks what happened with the first few tries. Hopefully this one works out for you! Keep us posted.

You wont be disappointed with Vinces work

I think Kevin was telling me about your car the other day. Sounds like an animal for sure.

I hate transmission builders. They’re such a shady bunch.

Glad you found a good one. Good luck with everything.

yeah they are u really dont know what they put in there unless you stand and watch them. But Vince did mine and it was exactly like he said it would be.

grand nationals are old and pos’ get a real car

Not enough stall!!

umm have u seen any of the pics you posted? i see a pos primered shitcan with no hood, a black primered shitcan with 1/2 of it pasted in white replacement parts. Pot meet Kettle.

a real car like a 240?, umm when is the last time they made those?, thought so.

idiot.

Everyone should drive 4 cylinder rear-drive econoboxes.

Ken, hope ya hit 10’s this year!

Is the “shady” transmission builder a legit shop, or a guy doing it out of his garage? If so, who was it? Glad you got that shit straightened out.
I had a shop in MI. do my trans. The shop is named, “Certified.” The trans failed after a few thousand miles. Called, pulled it…ect got a call, informed me that it was a, “shit happens” kinda thing, ( valve body soft gasket blew out the trans has higher pressure than stock) So, got it back…awsome trans. …for FWD. :stuck_out_tongue:
A shop in NJ (maybe in NY now) named, “Dynotech”, do GREAT work. Always hear good things from them. The specialize in the 200R4, and now doing the 4T65E-HD trans (my fwd trans).

If I see you at the track this year, I'll say, "hi" this time.

Have fun.

That had to be a tossed in joking kind of comment…If not, maybe you oughta have something to one up said POS. ass.

Never enough right??

Gonna be close, I hope!

I thought he had a shop but now i’m not sure. Not gonna name him unless he stiffs me on my refund. I’ve recieved 1/2 so far. Yeah, stop by, I’d like to see your car.
\

I don’t even acknowledge statements like that. Not worth my time.