$30,000 to spend what car would you get ?

He said daily driver; why would I pick a RWD as a daily driver, especially when Winter comes around?

$30,000 why would a scion even cross your mind? and people drive RWD around in the inter all the time. its called trucks. people are just pussies and dont know how to control the spinning in a rwd car.

because people can drive and aren’t stuck with FWD because of being a pussy, my transfer case doesn’t work so i’m stuck in 2wdRWD and i’ve gotten around fine…grow some nuts

Driven the GTO every day through our past storms… i have good all season rubber on it (Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS), never had a problem.

looking at the Acura TL type S slightly used is 30k
also found a lexus IS 350 but those are 4 door

I’m not planning on living in baltimore for more than 6 months I will hopefully be moving to either Texas or Florida, either way snow will be the last of my worries. But should I move back up north in 2 years I cant get a summer only car because then id have to sell it.

if i had 30k to spend on a daily i’d still be a couple thousand short :kekegay:

Because I think they’re nice cars for the money. Besides, FWD would be my preference for a daily driver; RWD for performance.

FWD sucks. Winter or not. I can’t stand my DD being FWD.

Mazda speed 3 or 6… both are nice cars and have some ballz. my sisters base mazda3 is a blast to drive, it rides nice, feels nice and is comfy. just needs more power

Mazdaspeed 6’s are quite nice.

Grand cherokke srt8 or however its spelled are pretty badass. awd for the rain and snow, 425hp for low 13 sec quarter miles and a warranty. not the lifetime one on srt’s though. I remember reading in car and driver or some shit about them and they only got like 13mpg or around there and it will need premium so that kinda ruins it. sick if you can afford the gas though.

why not pay pretty much the same and get an lsx tbss? more speed, & more power with a tune(they are detuned horribly from the factory)
Then again she is looking for a DD not a racecar/racetruck

Stock for stock, Jeep SRT8 owns the TBSS.

SRT8s accept upgrades very well, that’s not unique to the LSx line.

Although the SS wins the comparison contest:

Without question, the Jeep is the hottest rod here. Although the two have fairly similar power-to-weight ratios (11.4 pounds per horsepower for the Jeep, 12.3 for the Chevy), the Jeep easily outruns the SS.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/10848/2006-jeep-grand-cherokee-srt8.html

GM>Daimler/Chrysler
the ONLY reason that the SRT8 can outrun is because the tbss was detuned a major amount of HP from the factory

waiting for an SRT8 that can do that
And if the lsx doesn’t take mods so well…tell me why they are swapped into pretty much any rwd vehicle that it will fit in?

402 with Direct Port Nitrous is a little more than a tune.

Maybe it hasn’t been done yet, but I have a feeling if you were to stroke a 6.1L (372 CI) to 400+ cubes with DP Nitrous wouldn’t be too far off.

Regardless, dude is looking for a DD, not a 10 second street terror… Either of the two seem to fit his bill.

i’ve been hearing this from u for like ever. keep ur car and buy a toy.

personally i would buy a maruader and SC it.

SRT8 Jeep > tbss

go drive an 04 Cobra. Going back to the TL would be hard!

the day that happens fords will actually look good doing something besides sitting still :greddy:

E30 M3 or MKIV .:R32