300+ HP on an SR20?

i was just wondering what mods should be done on an SR20 to reach 300-350 HP. my 180 will be here soon and it is bone stock, even the stock air box. im hoping to reach 300 WHP over the winter and im wondering what is needed. the first of many mods i will be doing is a FMIC, RB MAF, intake and 3 inch turbo back exhaust. possibly a turbo mani as well.

Get a T28BB or a Gt37 turbo , Maifold , FULL exhaust ( manifold, elbow , test pipe and catback ) FMIC , up the boost but only after you replaced the injectors and the fuel pump , get a good tune and you should be VERY close to the 300 mark

Likley at least a boost controller of some kind… I am not really sure how much the factory turbo will support.

bigger turbo (such as a t28), at least 550cc injector’s, z32/n60 maf,fuel management,strong clutch…
just search around … its been gone over countless times…

They got 274 rwhp so I’m guessing a bigger turbo and larger injectors may push it over the 300+ mark.

PS. Have you ever driven a S13 with 300+ hp?

basicly you would need
Turbo, injectors, maf, and a tune.

Exhaust, intake, clutch, cams, boost controller are all optional depending on set up. But most of these are stongly recomended.

X2

x3

pretty much all the items others have listed are a great start. Just think air flow, intake and exhaust. FMIC & custom piping, a good filter, then at the VERY least 2 1/2 inch exhaust. I just rebuild my sr20 with a whole slew of upgrades, exhaust manifold, turbo outlet, downpipe and straight catback, 3inch all the way from the turbo. New internals in the head i rebuilt, new gaskets everywhere, lightweight pulleys stainless steel turbo lines, new koyo rad and dual FAL electric fans. I’m very interested to see what type of numbers I will be getting once my car gets out here with me. I’m slowly shooting for around 275-300whp at the very most in my project, that should be more than enough. Message me Trav, we can get together and chat about some stuff we can do once the car comes in. I have to be honest, I’m itchin’ to work on some cars, i dont have mine so its killing me not to be tinkering around on something lol.

x3[/quote]

NO, i have not driven a car with that much power, im just curious to see what kind of mods others have done to reach that. id like to get around that area by the end of winter, if not 250-280 would still be nice. does anyone have an estimate on how much power i would have though if i had a FMIC, MAF, intake, full 3 inch exhaust and a turbo mani? (on stock boost). autodream sells tuned ECUs for that setup so i would probably go through them for that.

I dont see why youd need an MAF for that setup because the stock one should easily handle the airflow, especially on stock boost. But with similar mods my boost automatically rose to 10psi and my best guess is somewhere in the 220-230 whp range. And trust me its lots of fun, start with that, then go from there.

if your car doesn’t have any form of LSD i’d do that before shooting for 300whp… otherwise you’ll be sitting at the stoplight spinning, while grandmas in their buick century’s pass you.

Fuck i have a 2 way and 350+ hp and my car still does that…tire spins a bitch on turbo cars with peaky power bands and suspension that doesnt squat/low profile tires…

But…although running huge mph and high ET in the 1/4 may not be practical, it sure is more fun than just a low 60 foot and no mph…

BTW, i do realize this post has nothing to do with this thread… :lol:

having power is one thing but also having a car that can handle and put the power to the wheels is another story along with what everyone else is saying. Mustang syndrome kicks in when you get 300-400whp on stock wheels/tires/suspension/clutch/exhaust and it just looks ugly, soungs ugly and is still slow as hell

300whp on stock exhaust…

thats a sin! plus happy brake fade :o when you are doing 188 and need to stop fast.

It’s more fun to let the other guy think he’s won and then pass him at the end anyway :E

in my opinion, if your upping the power you need to improve other aspects of the car at the same time. sure with a couple grand your car can go from 0-100kph in 5sec, but how fast can it go from 100-0kph? and when a kid jumps out in front of you or a deer on the highway, if you can’t brake in time can you swerve around it? you need suspension and brakes just to be able to drive a car with that much power safely. And as mentioned, to put that power to the road you will need clutch, LSD, tires. you have to look at the big picture, and budget in everything that’s needed to achieve your goal.
with intake, exhuast, FMIC, boost controller, MAF and ECU to talk to MAF, you can bump up your boost to 13psi and be in the 230-250WHP I would think. and my research agrees! but to reach 300whp you need turbo(and everything that goes with that like oil lines), fuel pump, injectors, tuned ECU. and your stock clutch probably maxed out back at 250HP. and exhuast manifold would be good too.
I would try to do what RS13 has done. he is pushing over 250WHP and something like 270pounds of torque, on stock turbo with a safe air fuel ratio and daily drivability(I belive?). that’s a good goal to shoot for and more than fast enough for your first few years of owning a silvia!

hahaha 188 that is hilarious …damn HUD