300zx Owner

man no offense , like honestly its good to have u but …

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/2378/1dsc00003bk3.jpg

I didn’t say it wasn’t your car. It just needs some tasteful body mods done.
The wing is too big. There is already a spoiler underneath, the front bumper looks ricey. The rear bumper can pass I guess but it just doesn’t fit and the side skirts are too racey.

I think you misread. You can use spacing to put in a TT clutch if you change the transmission on the NA block. You can’t put a TT Clutch inside an NA transmission under any circumstance because it will rub on the NA transmission bellhousing. I’ve been reading about this non-stop and preparing for my TT swap. If you’d like to find out more info, please go to
http://www.twinturbo.net
or
http://www.zcar.com (the Z32 section)
and read more about it there. Do not post asking this because they will tear you appart first for asking the same question that you can find in the past posts, and also because your car is the way it is.

Just as a side note, there is no benefit to running a TT clutch on an NA engine. Beyond boosting it, it will never make enough power to exceed the limits of an NA clutch. The additional size and mass of a TT clutch will lessen the performance because of the additional rotating mass in the driveline. If you plan on boosting an NA anyway, then it is better to go to a TT swap as it is more cost effective.

BTW, like RABBIT was saying, please remove the spoiler and change the front bumper. It is very unclean and distracting from the natural lines of the Z32. The car looks amazing and classy without it.

a white 300zx. now we need to make sure the next 300zx owner to join doesnt have a red, black, or white 300zx. so that we can have different colors. once the weather clears up we can meet up so you can see the other 2 300zx we have on the board.

Alex, don’t forget kurtaceez. He’s the only one I know of with a TT Z32.
He lives near to me apparently but we haven’t had any good weather meets yet so he never comes out.
I think his Z is black???

Hey Pcproa, when u planning to start removing your NA stuff?
Are you sourcing the stuff for the TT swap from a front clip?
What kind of clutch do you have, maybe we can work something out? (i am trying to do a auto to 5spd swap)

And for the other Z’s where abouts you guys located im near markham and steeles

the two are somewhat close to you. but the red 300zx(shorteaz) lives in b-town.

Right now I’m actually looking to get a Stage III TT clutch and lightweight flywheel that can handle 600HP at the crank, a TT fuel pump and controller, a new timing belt with pulleys and possibly an Electronic Boost Controller.
I have a JSpec TT front clip from a 2+2 TT Car that I’ve already stripped the front suspension off of and put it in on my car. (90+ 2+2 TT was not available in North American Markets)

I have the brakepedal/clutch/gas pedal set from the front clip and can probably sell you those along with the transmission off of my car once I take it out. All five speed. I believe you can also use the Clutch Master Cylinder from my front clip on your car. Truth is though, I’m waiting for Shorteaz to tell me she doesn’t want it. I’m trying to convince her to convert her Auto 300 to 5 speed. Right Shorteaz???

As for the clutch, I can only go based on word of mouth from the previous owner. He said it was a performance clutch but I have to see to believe it. All I know is that it doesn’t grab of feel like a stock clutch. It seems to be more of a race type application along with his stated lightweight flywheel.

I am located at Woodbine & 16th on the North East side. I believe Kurtaceez lives in the same area. Shorteaz is in the boonies of Brampton, likes Country Music and is ok with driving a big 4speed column shift pickup truck while carrying a pitchfork in the bed… Just in case :R
RIGHT SHORTEAZ???

How many KM are on your 300 bountywolf?

dont forget im changing the colour of my car…soo once its changed…there can be a red zx

haha well i would like to convert my auto to manual …ill ask u more bout it later

anndd nooooo im not in the boonies!! i hate country music lol and i dont drive a 4speed column pick up …with a pitchfork in the back…where i used to live was the boonies…and other ppl liked country music and drove 4speed column pick ups…and truth is…i never fit in lol so no…not right!! :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah ccg’s pretty much own all

Hey pcproa
My Z has like 230sumoddkm

As for the auto to 5spd, i have almost all the parts, just some odd stuff here and there. Are you going to be doing the engine swap yourself? at home or in a garage?

im pretty sure patrick will do it himself. i think he does it in his garage.

I’m tossed right now on if I should do it myself or if I should pay someone to do the swap. I still have to finish stripping the front clip that I bought. It’s in my Aunts Garage right now and I’m waiting until we get consistent 5degree temperature before I finish taking it appart.
Biggest thing that’s holding me back from the disassembly is that the front clips AC is filled with R12 refrigerant. R12 is extremely valuable so if I can take it out properly I’ll be ahead of the game.

Its itching me to take it somewhere and get it done right now. Every day I think about it I get more and more excited. I’m just deterred by the length of time it will take if I do it myself. I tore down my entire 200SX in my single car garage and built it up again over the course of a few years, so I’m not shy about tearing into my car.
My co-worker says he knows someone that’ll do the entire thing for $400. I don’t know if that will go through, but I’ll probably try. What I think I want most right now is for someone to do the bulk of the work. Heavy/tedious/timeconsiming things such as lifting the engine out, putting in the new one, taking off the bumper, swapping the crossmember. Then after they do all that I’ll do the rest myself like put on the accessories, intercoolers, rad, etc etc and get it running.
It all circles around warmth though, it has to be warm outside.

I have most of the tools. Thanks for the offer. Only things I’m looking for right now are a hoist and an engine stand. Do you have any of those?

Sounds cool, unfortunately dont got a engine hoist, but might be able to borrow one.

Do you have any experince doing a auto to 5spd swap?

Im trying to get mine done this year, you think youll be able to lend a hand, thats if your free if not then its ok

But can u send me a Pm of the stuff you got for the 5spd… especially the clutch

Thanks

Newbe to site from Barrie, Ontario - Driving 1990 & 1991 300ZX. Any events, etc. please pass on info.
Thanks

make ur own thread.

welcome to the board but like the above stated please start another thread. this intro thread is for another member.

couldnt you be more straight to the point?!:hmm

The publicity of Z32s on this board makes me want to buy a Z31 for originality.

do it ill trade u my 240 for ur 300 and then u can sell my 240 and buy ur z31 :smiley:

booo
im geting a z31 first ,… back off get ur own sandwich.