300zx Project

It is a TT Chasis…TT Vin #…TT Suspension…TT Brakes. It is a 300zx TT

there are minor mechanical and cosmetic differences.

i think its just new mounts, it comes with the driveshaft to work with the rear end. unsure of wiring

and i think something has to be done with where the tranny sits

As sureshot! said, JDM VGs are SKETCHY. If you get a JDM motor, it will likely need to be re-built before it is installed.

I am pretty well aware of that since I have a refusal to put a JDM motor in the car…which has spawned this thought process in the meantime.

I cant see the LS1 being worth it. how much work would it take to make that a balanced car worth driving, unless thats not a concern to you.

The LS1 is worth it when u make it work…cheap mods FTW 400-450 whp NA for like 1500 bux in mods.

Uhh, it’s lighter than the VG, is not significantly larger, and has a broader easier to drive powerband…

i think you just answered yourself there

or you could always…
:snky:

2JZ!!

Not in this lifetime…motors are cheap…trannies are not.

the LS1 is lighter than just about every nissan motor (im pretty sure)

its lighter than a sohc ka24 lol

yeah. also, it makes the entire venture of putting the OEM drivetrain back in, a lot more expensive. So I can see why you might want to go with a swapped setup as opposed to OEM.

But also take into account, that if you are not an awesome mechanic, and you have issues with the car, you might have trouble finding a mechanic. I am sure there are not too many guys out there that are keen on working on a 300zx with a corvette motor mashed into it. The possibility of electrical gremlins and other crap might make a mechanic weary. Keep that in mind.

Real Deal’s 300ZX TT ran pretty good iirc.

Oh def, but I was just talking about the drivability of the car after such an extensive power train mod. whats all that pwr good for if the car is way unbalanced and sketchy as fuck to dive around corners, IDK anything about it so Im just throwing it out there.

Yeah, back in the day it fucking ripped. I didn’t realize it had a JDM engine though?

My cousin builds LS1’s in his sleep. The wiring would be an issue but I think someone has made a conversion harness.

I am just toying with all ideas at the moment since i have nothing really stopping me from doing any of the installs.

It wasnt.

That answers my concerns, I guess it might be a good way to go then.

2jz with r-series tranny, alls u need is the bellhousing for it to work :wink:

correct me if im wrong, 300z’s and fbods are similar in weight?

Just throwing some ideas out there. Trying to help with all the pros and cons.