335i - What mods

Buddy of mine just bought one. Still under warranty (obv) and is there any way to keep it that way?

After seeing everyone’s numbers from Cinco de Dino they make great power with some mods… but where do you start and where do you stop?

What do they put down stock @ Innovative?

Thanks in advance.

check out andrew @ http://www.ardesign.info
thats the shop i was at when i was in Colorado for 2 years.

Cobb makes a tune now… Looks like it has the best numbers and options. Id start with that and dci’s. There are a bunch of people with them on here. And they actually mod their cars.lol

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Vishnu tunes (new ones) have the canbus option that can erase codes before bringing it in for service too

otherwise you need the BT cable to erase codes when you bring it in for service, and there’s no guarantee they wont find it.

Willybeen has… that… quick shift mod… in his. It’s handsome.

:bigtup:

:-p … … :tup:

Procede for tune (piggyback) or Cobb for Flash tune.
Intakes (really dont do much)
Downpipes (2-3 hours to take in and out… may not do this if your going to be hitting the dealer alot)
FMIC
Catback ( I like the stock exhaust with the flapper valve unplugged, but I am old)

Best money spent is on a tune, +80hp and tq. and can be removed in minutes for dealer visits.

Stock car will probably put down about 260-270 on mikes dyno.

My car with the following:
Procede V4 Autotune
UR DP’s
ETS FMIC
AFE Intakes
Pump gas 93oct
Stock Catback

Jeller

A new fuel pump…?

HAR HAR (i’m waiting for my second one to go <50k miles)

the only tune that will not void warranty is Dinan.

^not really true. Dinan just warranties their tune. BMW can still void if their warranty.

Dinan says they will warranty it for you basically… good luck collecting on that one for a engine.

are there known cases of Dinan not covering it? most dinan tunes are done at BMW dealers so there is an expectation all will be covered unless additional non-dinan mods are added.

Keep the input coming guys. Thanks for everything this far.

Jeller- when do I get a ride?

Downpipes FMIC and some sort of tune. Cobb is decent, but limited in the number of options when different mods come into play. I run same mods Jeller runs plus fully catless and Meth. Clutch couldn’t handle the torque, so there is more left on the table there (you can tell by the fact that mine made power really late, clutch was slipping under high boost at low rpms).

X…

wow… over 400 wtq is no joke.

these cars scare me.

colleague blew $5k at the dealer hunting down basic shit over a period of months.

those numbers are hecka nice though

high pressure fuel pumps suck

How do the AWD versions of these cars hold up to that power? I always hear not-so-good things about BMW x-drive systems.

Most guys are at the power that xander and I are at. So at this point the clutch is the weak point, for now the XI guys are doing fine.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Give me call/PM , I am in Will/Clarence area off Sheridan, anytime you want.