350z vs s2000

s2k is difficult to drift because of the way honda engineers designed the damn thing. Very few of these cars have ever been drifted professionally, and the ones that have, its because they have a shit load of turbo power.

Dont’ compare a s2k to ae86 or a miata. Those cars were NOT designed the same way as a s2k. It all has to do with the way the suspension on the car was designed, coupled with the wheelbase.

S2K is a sick car if your going to do grip, but if drifting really is ur thing, then get a 350z. All a 350z needs to drift very competitively, is a 2 way lsd and some coils.

Yeah, breaking knuckles because your A Arm is rubbing on them, sweet!

Comparing those two cars is like comparing apples and oranges. S2000 is a Roadster (by definition at least) and the 350z is a Grand Tourer.
In terms of reliability, both are good/bad (depends how you look at it and how much money is too much to be spent on a car just for reliability).
As people above mentioned the AP1 does have issues with oil starvation, so that’s a big deal. However, so do some of the mid-generation 350z’s.

If you are concerned with drifting and you want to drift a car on the track, the S2000 is out of the question, unless you will re-engineer the suspension setup (and I don’t mean just to slap coilovers on it and call it a day).

So you have to ask your ask yourself what do you want out a car? Track/Grip, drift, reliable daily driver?
For Track/Grip the s2000 wins hands down. The whole car was done from ground up to be a nice track car.
For Drift, neither one of those is good, but if you had to pick one of them, the 350z would be better
Daily Driver, imo it’s the 350z but it’s far from an ideal daily driver (i.e. what about winter driving, trunk space, it’s only a 2 seater etc…)

Fuel consumption is pretty much the same on both cars, 12-13L/100km. If that’s your concern, then pick the 350z, at least you’ll get an engine with some power and torque.
If you care about the interior and the fit an finish, s2000 is definitely a better car.

Without going into an indefinite list of pros and cons, make sure you know what you really want first, then pick a car. All of them will have pro’s and cons, depending what you are looking for.

DUH! Who the fuck designs a car to drift… cars are not meant to be sideways they are meant to carve roads swiftly with confidence.

)#$*$# it almost makes it personal… WTF LOL… well… I guess if you are building a drift car and that’s what you’re seeking/looking for as the ‘better choice’ then yeah…

but true performance hand to hand… first of all they are two completely different cars… secondly the choice is pretty obvious as to how many track prepped s2000s there are vs 350z… not saying there aren’t obviously there’s sasha’s car… just saying an s2000 is the easier choice. A stock s2000 with 255 f/r r comp tires will give alot of cars a run for their money even with stock suspension… or shall i say rape alot of cars out there. A 350z is more so bloated and luxurious, hence a ‘grand tourer’…

But cmon… “the car sucks it can’t drift” is kind of … just weird to me. Okay… breaths in breaths out

I’m out lol.

I restrained myself from responding to that retarded 350z. It looks like it was piled up in a junkyard from some rich boy. (use your imagination piles of cars on top of one another). Rice…

I just don’t get people how that makes the 350z ‘better’. It’s more like a destroyed 350z.

^ to start dont worry i wont have any money left to do rice mods.

so… s2k with stiff coilovers and camber and toe goodies will still act like g35 with stiff coilover on vdc/ traction control?

if you guys can answer this for me we can all wrap this tread and throw it in a fire.

looking forward for mpd47’s answer since he used to have 350z befor that crazy 560z of his. :smiley:

You are really comparing apples to oranges here. As someone above stated, if you want to do lapping days they are both extremely well rounded machines. Straight out of the box, no mods, I’d give the lapping edge to the S2k on tighter tracks (Dunnville, TMP, etc), 350z on longer ones (MoSport, Watkins Glen). Drifting, I would give the edge to the Z, broader torque band, cheaper driveline parts, slightly higher cost for brakes, pads, wheel bearings, ball joints, but a larger amount of aftermarket support. S2000’s are a blast to drive, I’ve driven them on slicks at the track, and snows in the winter, but there is a reason I own a Z. :slight_smile:

shut the fuck up amhed. You stupid shit. I never said anything about the s2k sucking cuz it can’t drift. Any yeah car’s aren’t designed to drift, doesn’t mean they can’t.

This guy wants a car that can drift, even of fuckin story. Your not a drift guy, ur not even good at going fast, so shut the fuck up.

mpd47 so best bet for me to go with is 350z with coil, suspension goodies, brace, 2way lsd for the first year since it has a damn good brake setup as stock? and when my motor blows copy your 560z would be the best long run drifting life plan??

see way less s2k’s then the 350z, EVERYONE has a 350z, even my prof (she) at school drives one + the honda sounds great at 9000rpm, less maintainence costs and better gas mileage

If you want to go drifting, yes I would recommend it over the S2000. At which point I’d start with Tein Inner tie rods (with spacers), Project MU ebrake pads, a diff (2 way or other, personal preference, I listed this third assuming you bought a car with a VLSD it will last atleast alittle while), SPL outers. Then go from there.

This thread makes my head hurt. Buy an s2000 drive it, dont like it? sell it buy a 350; or the other way around

Buy Ronnie’s S13 for half the price, and keep balf your bucks to fix all the shiz you will break.

ill be getting those new cars cheaper. and if i go with salvage its even more cheaper. i ve lost my soft spot for 10+ years old cars even if its not rusted clean s13 coupe.

MPD47 ill just stick with my original plan… and go with z or g. i should just leave s2k alone as a grip mechine for the others who need it for grip racing :smiley:

tnx everyone who voted for my poll. i made up my mind. bing you can lock this if you want.

I like the s2000. you can’t really drift it but it fun do drive in the city. small and quick turning. I like to auto cross it. 50/50 weight distribution. I own a g35tt and i only like to drift it. more girls check out the s2000 more then my g35 tho lol

buy an is300. a little slower, but practical, reliable, and 'drift’s better than an s2000 (whatever that means). Oh and it has toyota vtec.

Keep in mind that it’s tax time. So you will also have to pay your V-Tax.

^ yes sir. i already did mine sir~ lol

haha just by my place there is a tax place called V-TAX.

get the 350z

can the 350 do this?

bang for buck