$375 Tint Tkt vs $76.50 speeding tkt?

So saturday afternoon on my way up to Charlotte to meet with my business partners I was pulled just about 8 miles before my time to get off the 77. I deffinatly knew I was speeding but not by how much. SC Trooper got me at 81 in 60, whoo… (I haven’t had a ticket in 2 1/2 years) ok I had it coming, so I wasn’t mad. But then he checks my tint, which is 20%…

Ok no big deal I figure maybe I get a tint ticket instead of speeding… Well no Thank You! Speeding ticket cost $76.50 and the Tint Ticket cost $375.00!!! WOW But I was lucky he bumped speeding to 69 in 60 and gave me a warning for tints. I would’ve got out of tint ticket anyway because my wife has a note from eye doctor that she has sist and sensativaity to light, which she used to but has sense had Lasik(which I would highy sugest :tup: )

I’ll be getting out of the speeding ticket too because one of my partners is a retired trooper… But I was still impressed in the fact that a tint ticket is 3-4 times the cost of speeding…

:gotme:

the tint ticket should not apply to you different state different rules
your car is NOT registered or INSURED there so legally since your not a resident how should or could you be at fault there?

[quote=“JDMAllstars,post:2,topic:36306"”]

your car is NOT registered or INSURED there so legally since your not a resident how should or could you be at fault there?

[/quote]

yea I am, I got pulled 2 miles before the NC border…

[/quote]

I doubt that’d fly in court.

It’s the same thing as taking a radar detector over to Canada. You can’t use one there just because it’s legal here.

You must obey local laws or pay the consequences, no matter where you live.

[/quote]

:picard:

[/quote]

I’m speechless. Are you serious? You think you get to bring laws with you?

I never knew tints could do you in that much $$.

[/quote]

Your partially right. It depends on the state. Some states require that vehicles from other states be in compliance with their tint laws and others do not. Then some states even go as far as to say out of state cars must be in compliance with tint law in the state where registered.

INB4SOMEONEFLIPSOUTBECAUSEOFTHEWORDTINTS

I didn’t know SC had a tint law… good to know.
Also… in SC you don’t register a trailer. So If I have SC plates on my car and am towing an unregistered trailer, would I get a ticket in any state that requires trailers to be registered?

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:4,topic:36306"”]

I doubt that’d fly in court.

It’s the same thing as taking a radar detector over to Canada. You can’t use one there just because it’s legal here.

You must obey local laws or pay the consequences, no matter where you live.

[/quote]

how can youobey local laws if your just driving thru and did not know that was a law sorry for nonchalantly asking.

[quote=“JayS,post:5,topic:36306"”]

:picard:

[/quote]

you never have anything fuckin useful to say or add except a fuckin picard so STFU

[quote=“BikerFry,post:6,topic:36306"”]

I’m speechless. Are you serious? You think you get to bring laws with you?

[/quote]

well lets see hmm being a fuckin resident of a state and knowing the laws (NYS for example) you travel to SC and get a tint ticket, you are angry because little did you know THAT was a LAW. How is that fair to you not being from that state not living there or knowing anything about it and getting a ticket for something you 1. had no control over and 2. had no clue was a law.
so yeah im fucking serious. your state is different and has different rules then SC so you didn’t know that going to SC getting a ticket for your tint because you only know the law in which the state you reside…catch my drift here?

[quote=“Shockwave179,post:8,topic:36306"”]

Your partially right. It depends on the state. Some states require that vehicles from other states be in compliance with their tint laws and others do not. Then some states even go as far as to say out of state cars must be in compliance with tint law in the state where registered.

[/quote]

yes if that was the case and the state you were living in has a tint law and you were in violation of that and said state that your in called you out on it knowing your states law then thats totally different and you DID fuck yourself there, BUT they would tell you " your states law say your tint needs to be blah blah blah and your not in compliance by Blah blah blah"
there is totally a difference

so im sorry that i have shamed and deserved a picard for inquiring and making a general statement in a General Automotive Forum

And now back to your regularly scheduled program…

Wow.
I forgot that the internet was serious business.

[quote=“Minglor,post:12,topic:36306"”]

Wow.
I forgot that the internet was serious business.

[/quote]

your r ight maybe i should start posting OT shit here like most of you guys do then maybe id be cool too.

Sorry my questions and answers actually related to contents of the thread thats my bad dogg won’t happen anymore

well actually you are supposed to be aware of all laws in any states you may be traveling into even on the nysdmv site it even tells you that. like the fact that a 16 or 17 year old with a dj lisence can drive in upstate new york but cannot drive in any 5 bourroughs of nyc for any reason and just like some states allow you to get a permit at 15 but they are not allowed to drive in nys even if they have an out of state permit or lisence regardless unless they are are at least 16 years of age and even if they are 16 years of age must comply with the after 9 law here and if thier state law says let say 5pm they are not allowed to drive after then they have to also comply with that law here even though ours is 9pm

[quote=“intense98rt,post:10,topic:36306"”]

I didn’t know SC had a tint law… good to know.
Also… in SC you don’t register a trailer. So If I have SC plates on my car and am towing an unregistered trailer, would I get a ticket in any state that requires trailers to be registered?

[/quote]

no you shouldn’t…

[quote=“JDMAllstars,post:11,topic:36306"”]

well lets see hmm being a fuckin resident of a state and knowing the laws (NYS for example) you travel to SC and get a tint ticket, you are angry because little did you know THAT was a LAW. How is that fair to you not being from that state not living there or knowing anything about it and getting a ticket for something you 1. had no control over and 2. had no clue was a law.
so yeah im fucking serious. your state is different and has different rules then SC so you didn’t know that going to SC getting a ticket for your tint because you only know the law in which the state you reside…catch my drift here?

[/quote]

Ignorance doesn’t exempt you from the law. When you’re in a state you are obligated to know and obey the local laws.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:16,topic:36306"”]

Ignorance doesn’t exempt you from the law. When you’re in a state you are obligated to know and obey the local laws.

[/quote]

/Thread.

You are responsible for knowing the laws for different states when you are traveling within the boundaries. It does not matter if it is for 1 minute or 1 month.

It is very easy to know the laws for other states. It’s called the internetzzzzz.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:16,topic:36306"”]

[/quote]

/thread.

It’s illegal. Period. You are expected to know. Same way you can get radar detector tickets in Canada or other states.

I can’t believe people think not knowing the law in an area exempts you. HAHAHA

Maybe that’s just GA, but there is one example.
I checked, SC is 27% for front and rear.