4-29-07 - FLR SCCA Auto-X @ RIT

01audiS4 thanks for sending this to me it made my day.

Thanks for coming out to our first event of the season at R.I.T. It was a beautiful day with a challenging course layout. The turnout was very good, which made the event run a little slow with four runs rather than the usual five. There were 37 out of 124 total entrants in the Novice class.

The first place finisher in the Novice class was Edwin Jeffries in his A Stock STI. He was just a half of a tenth of a second ahead of Matt Dabski in the Beetle. Either one would have trophied in the open Road Tire class. Ed and Matt were 48 and 49 in overall pax, well into the top half of the overall entry field.

Mike Durkin in the Street Mod SRT-4 was 3rd in the Novice Class, and actually had the fastest raw time of the Novices by almost a second. He was also named as “The Most Exciting Novice Performance” for the event.

Aaron Happ (4th) - D Stock BMW 530, and Matt Tranter (6th) - STX Saturn Redline, win the “Mr Clean” Novice award for being at or near the top of the Novice class while having all runs without penalties.

Kevin Kaschube (5th) in the A Stock BMW Z4 gets the “Most Improved” during the event award dropping several seconds as the day went forward.

The Novice Conekiller of the day goes to Phillip Lacy in the G Stock Olds Achieva with five total cones. Also noteworthy was Alex Bable in the interesting Street Mod Taurus. He hit four cones and didn’t have a clean run. Yet even fighting a tough SM index in an unorthodox car for the class AND having a cone on his fastest run still managed to finish 13 th overall, just out of the trophies. Had he missed that one cone, his 62.0 would have been the second fastest raw Novice time overall.