4L60 front seal leak

My s10 is spewing trans fluid out the front seal by the converter. I just replaced the damn thing today and it still leaks. Anyone have an idea what the hell to do to stop it? I really do not want to pull the trans again.

get a new pump for the trans …mostly what happens is the vanes in the pump crack a little and and cause play in the input spline causing the shaft to wobble underload causing the seal to not well seal

That most likely. Other issue with those is the converter itself has a wear ring worn into the stub shaft from debris at the seal lip. Installing a new seal typically causes the new seal to ride this groove and immediately leak. Solved by either a new TC or a Speedi-Sleeve.

i have a converter ,for ya its out of my car it is stock wit 60k on it fluid is still blood red and never gave me a problem

My sister still has the '93 S10 4.3, 4WD with the 5speed. Man that was a FUN truck to tear ass with on the old duanesburg fireroads back when I was inschool.

Shit’s parked at the very front of the race trailer at the moment. Fuck man, shitbox S-10 in the damn trailer, worlds coming to an end! :rofl

yeah those old s-10,s ran good when they ran

Yea thats what I have been hearing, the pump bushings go bad. I am going to pull the trans again this week. Is replacing the pump/bushings something that can be done on your own? I am pretty decent taken shit apart and rebuilding it. Last resort is to have a trans shop do it. The trans was just rebuilt about 10k ago, but has been sitting for a while. Anything else I should replace while I am in there?

Any help to get this thing done asap on my own is appreciated!

bein a 4l60 have a shop do it ,ya need special tools to set the measurments an such right while in there do a rebuild esp if its been sittin as it will only leak from everywhere soon

That’s just going to cost me more money, DAMN IT!

I have the original one from the truck, might as well just give them that one then. It had the same problem. Any idea what that will cost me to have it rebuilt? I assume more then what I have into the truck.