5/24/08 - OFFICIAL NYSpeed Spring BBQ @ Dunnville Autodrome

I want to go, but i have many issues to work out with my focus. as it stands, i cant make it there without worrying about overheating so that shit needs to be addressed before i commit to going.

who determines experienced from beginner drivers?

how could anyone prefer TMP to dunnville?

There is only like 3 turns on the entire track at TMP… it’s 90% straight away. (club circuit or training circuit, not combined)

Shannonville i can see as being a better track than dunnville, but TMP is ghey + the wall…

TMP < Dunnville normal direction

TMP > Dunnville reverse direction

I’ll be there regardless.

i want to take PICS

She will have to pay extra to be added as a driver to your car. How much, I don’t know yet. But I’ll figure that out.

Sorry man, but that’s one thing we can’t allow.

A beginer driver is anyone who has never been to Dunnville before, even if they have some experience with Auto-X, etc. All beginers should ride along with someone who has driven Dunnville before (experienced drivers) at least for a few laps.

The only thing I don’t like about Dunnville is that tire sander “grand bend” or what ever they call it.

Other than that in my opinion Dunnville > TMP.

Sounds like fun but I don’t want to commit just yet. Waiting to see what comes up at Mosport this year because I haven’t run there.

:frowning:

Raw laps, no timing needed.

Trip odometers get reset @ 5 pm, highest mileage by 7 pm wins.

(and not interested, just instigating as usual)

so according to this definition, since i’ve participated in a dunnville event as a driver, then at another as a flagger/passenger/spectator, i’ll most likely be lapping with the “experienced” drivers? i’d be happy about that…

i know the same can be said for everybody, but i really dont want a n00b to smack my car and then since it’s on a track, have me be responsible for paying out of pocket…

http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/raceway/artwork/atrackbig.jpg

i count 13 turns. only running half the track would be pretty gay and pointless.

There has NEVER been an issue at Dunnville with car to car contact. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s extremely unlikely. As with any track day though, there is a chance of someone having an off, etc, etc. We’ve selected Dunnville due to it’s beginer friendly nature, we want more people to be involved with the sport without worrying about having something get messed up on their car. Once we get an idea of the people who are signed up and paid we’ll group people in experienced vs beginner for the morning sessions. It’s going to be a combination of driver skill, experience at dunnville, experience in motorsport, and prep level of the car. Despite having been to Dunnville before, it is possible that in the morning run groups, you could be put in the slower category. Depending on who signs up. We’ll play it by ear when we have a final attendance list right before the event.

As per the TMP vs Dunnville discussion, Josh nailed it on the head. The only thing I have to add is that not only is TMP more expensive, but it’s farther away (by 20 miles), has less room for cars in the road course area, has a large wall that limits pushing it in the final turn, and has an inferior layout (except gasp it has longer straightaways). Oh yeah, and the biggest issue, a 98db limit, keeping in mind a stock e46 330i hit 90db. Whereas the only req. at Dunnville is that you have a muffler and or resonator of “some sort”. TMP is an 11 turn roadcourse. You dont turn for the jog they show on the map between 6 and 7.

even when out with the n00bs, any experienced driver will control the pace of their car in relation to others so this should never be a concern.

:tup:

Hope you attend man.

I’ve never been to dunnville but please don’t put me in the beginner group!

i wasnt implying that TMP would be a better choice, just that i had more fun there. i understand the reasoning behind choosing dunnville. all i was saying is maybe you guys should try a different track. every nyspeed organized track day has been at dunnville. maybe try mixing it up a bit? id love to join you guys one of these times but i really have no interest in running dunnville.

Weird, I scored a 108db when I went with the TSC crew. I still was able to race just in a different run group. I’m not bashing on Dunnville, I can run that course once a year and I get bored, as per TMP I like very much. It all comes down to personal taste.

Dunnville seems like a much better course for new people. Lots of run off room, if you make a mistake the likely hood of damage is minimal. Plus more track to run with and more people at once.

The wall on TMP plus the bumps on the last turn (assuming they are still there) could be a factor say if someone new hits that turn a bit too fast, or has a poor suspension setup that results in the car bouncing and losing traction. An

At Dunnville really the two biggest issues are the 90 degree turn after the first long sweeping turn, and the last section which a lot of newbies have issues with taking a correct line. But even then if you come in way to fast, or are way off line you have a ton of run off space, and area to correct/prepare for run-off should something happen.

I only count 6, maybe 7 turns from a driver’s perspective. (by that I mean the number of times I really need to setup and turn in).

Plus, having driven it a little I thought it was boring and dangerous… a good way to just burn off gas, brakes, tires without getting much for your money.

I’m down for the bbq and driving.
I’ll be taking the wrx so if anyone wants to go up and doesn’t have a ride, I’ll have two extra seats.