5 posts need...4 to go.

Hi, my name is ben. Id really like to reply to a thread about hand porting vs cnc porting but I need 5 posts to prove I am not a robot or a spammer. I was going to just let it go but it seems I can’t stop watching the thread.

About me?
Ive been porting for going on 8 years now. Im never going to stop learning so I won’t pretend that I am the god of porting. Ive done my share of research and reading and doing though for the past 4 years now.

My main passion are the 60V6 GM engines though I love learning about theory and design for other engines and turbines and other powerplants. I even love overclocking computers. I am decent enough at tuning OBD1 MAP setups and learning the MAF now that I have had a little OBD2 experience.

Stephen is the culprit for my posting, as he showed me this site and the thread I am eager to reply in. I forget his sn but its rebelgt on the 60v6 boards.

welcome

welcome sounds cool

Thanks for the welcome:) So this board is for pittsburgh area? Any make,model, whatever you got? Probably won’t find this for warsaw indiana:P

welcome

welcome

what kind of car do you have?

My main car is a 91 grand prix that I have had since 95. Came with a 3.1 auto that I modified (threw a lot of money at) in 99. Then I swapped it out for a 3.4 DOHC and a 284 5 speed. Sold that setup but am buying the transmission back and getting a lower milage, modified 3.4 DOHC. I have a 3500 engine on a stand though so I may put the DOHC in another car. I have a 94 cutlass supreme 3.4 DOHC auto that I bought off a friend and might end up selling it back to him around spring time if he wants it. Also have a 95 cutlass convertible that needs trans work and interior/suspension? 3.4 DOHC auto as well. 96 GTP sitting in the back yard that needs the trans looked at as well.

Its not mine but we have a 74 cutlass that my grandfather bought new and is in my dad’s name now. We got a 455 for it but I dunno if/when it will get built up and swapped, or if it will go into something else. Finally, there is the 59 olds dynamic 88. Its a nice looking car but needs some suspension/brakes/drivetrain/electrical attention. Nothing major really but it definetly needs a little of all that:P

Oh, and I am supposed to get a fiero sometime for some head work I did but haven’t hard the time to worry about it or a place to put it.

welcome

welcome

welcome :slight_smile:

welcome man. Thats a pretty neat area of automobiles your into. I never knew there was that much interest in 60* v6’s.

Welcome

Ben is thee 60ºv6 guru, period.

hi

Welcome

Welcome :beer: two posts to go! LOL

Throw a L67 in that damn GTP!

welcome

no we like to upgrade, not backdate, ha ha. Is this going to be the last year for the L67, or is it going to be the following year?

welcome