500+ horsepower, six-speed manual and AWD

From Volvo?

Last month, we found out that Polestar and Volvo were hard at work on a special tune of the S60 that would give the Swedish sedan an attitude for “the performance minded driver” and a right to say to the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG and BMW M3, “Yes, I’m looking at you.” Speculation had been that the S60 Polestar Performance concept could fit the V8 from the XC90, but more frenetic minds prevailed, bolting a Garret turbocharger onto the T6 currently available in the S60 and raising it to 508 horsepower and 424 foot-pounds of torque – boosting the standard numbers by 208 hp and 99 lb-ft. That’s good enough for a proclaimed 0-to-62 mph sprint in 3.9 seconds and a terminal velocity of “more than 300 km/h” (over 186 mph).

Wrapped around that engine are the promised 30-mm lower and 20-mm wider body, six-piston Brembos on the 380-mm front discs, a reinforced chassis, upgraded Haldex all-wheel drive, Öhlins three-way suspension and 19-inch wheels on 265-section rubber all around. Other tweaks include a six-speed manual transmission, increased track of 20 mm up front and 40 mm out back and a stainless steel exhaust. Weight has been reduced by 204 pounds compared to the North American-spec S60, and naturally, Alcantara shows up in force inside.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2012/06/polestar-volvo-s60.jpg

They have my attention

Yes!

These Polestar Volvo’s really pique my interest, but sadly none of them ever show up stateside…

haldex awd, a band-aided motor to make more power. no thanks, too much rigging.

This.

Plus it’s a Volvo so you know it’s a piece of shit.

That was what the first CTS-V was. I lovely refer to it as a parts bin car. The hope is they refine it and get it right, before you blow up 3 diffs.

Someone after my own heart… speaking with the voice of reason…

Jesus…

My fiancé loves Volvos. I tell her to stfu

Maybe she’s having an affair with a mechanic as that’s about the only way one can own a Volvo. Every fucking one of those piece of shits have transmission issues.

no thanks.

:lol: :tup:

I can fix Volvos, just saying.

So can I. Sell it and buy something else.

Ya, fuck Volvos. And Saabs.

I refuse to work on Volvo or Saab, will not even do an oil service. But soon, I’ll be able to say fuck cars altogether.

I know what you are saying. My brother’s saab (my old car) headlight went out and we spent 3 hours replacing it and it still was not “sitting” correctly. Not sure if it was over designed or poorly designed but it was miserable to work on.
Another story was the auto transmission which had a recall; The thing was working perfect, but they still replaced it. The replaced one went bad and so did the next one. 4th one worked great.

Exactly, they worked on Saab at one dealer I worked at in CT. Zero logic was involved with them… and they went out of business. Had Ford not purchased Volvo, they’d be gone as well. Safest vehicles in the world, because if they won’t start, you can’t get into an accident.

Did you see the top gear episode on saab? I think their goal was to over engineer everything.

OMG YES!