5000KM and a 240sx

Hey everyone, as some of you may know i don’t live in Ontario anymore, I decided to move west but have always liked being a part of this forum, anyway my girlfriend has a blog and she has made a post about our trip in my 240 from Ontario to BC (it CAN be done!!) so I thought I would share for those who even remember me from cscs or bings meet haha. thanks, enjoy!

http://dreamingl0w.tumblr.com/post/70418340153

nice trip.

only an SR could do that though. KA or RB would have given up before you got out of Ontario :slight_smile:

That’s awesome! But what would have happened if the car broke down half way? Always wanted do to a trip like that out to Cali

^your overnighting parts from enjuku and hoping you can find some half decent shop to put them on.

Well done thanks for sharing, I know the feeling, it is rewarding traveling a long distance on something you’ve built. I drove mine to Daytona and back. Burned some oil and needed new tires half way there, but it’s an sr’d 240.

imho you’d be better off with a ka for a road trip unless you have a nice aftermarket turbo, i wouldn’t trust a stock pos turbo on a long haul!

thanks guys!

I had a bunch of spare parts with me…alt, coil packs, belts…ect. as well as my tools and north American wide CAA coverage, and i made sure to check out everything on the car before i left. it also was not the first time have driven the car a far distance west Virgina the year before and Florida in 2012.

I want do this with my s14 one day. take the Trans national hwy from Toronto to BC or from TO to nova scotia/newfoundland. but I have to fix a lot of shit on my KA though lol

I drove all the way to Wyoming in an SR powered 240 with a bran new Tomei 7960 ,last year . thats 3 quarters of the way across america with great gas milage. what car allows you to top up the gear box in ten minutes while sitting in your car outside a south Dakota hotel . a great trip, chasing the sunset ,driving through thunderstorms with the sunroof open because its so warm . wonderful. I would really like to go to Utah and see Zion national park . if you haven’t seen it look it up . you tube