518 residents. Do you like where you live?

Yep, you know what matters. I’ve seen others put all of the other stuff before family and friends and makes me wonder how they do it. Some do it for so long that they have no friends and little family contact.

Da fuck is in MD other than political buffs and traffic?

:lol For real. Unless you are on the coast/bay, MD is mostly the DC to Baltimore corridor. I lived just inside the beltway (MD side) for awhile. It’s like having the traffic of a city without the walk-ability. Upside is some of the coolest corp jobs in the country are HQ’ed here.

I’m trying to get back to DC metro (but dont want the AIDS) or Northern VA, but I inadvertently put down roots here in Richmond which now makes it hard to leave… Whatever. I dig it here. Life is good.

I PJB’ed about it for years while I got my act/situation together and moved back down here. My list of upstate problems is well rehearsed because my sister and I are trying to get my parents, the last fam in NY, to leave.

Love Saratoga and the adirondacks, hate the rest of the capital region. Actually I really just hate the rest of the state. Considering moving to southern NH down the road.

LOVE where I live.

Good thread idea Vlad.

I have some mixed feelings on this. I’ve been to some different places, never lived anywhere else. Grew up in East Greenbush, bought a home here. It’s not a bad place to live. Taxes are outrageous compared to everywhere else. Saratoga may be close. I really dislike the weather here. We get like 4 months of decent weather, the rest is just shit. Rain/Snow cold. Maybe I’m just not appreciative of our seasons. Doesn’t really seem like we have seasons. I have a decent job, a business, and a part time gig that is OK.

I’ve always wanted to live in Texas, or Arizona/Nevada area. Or even California. Always seemed like I should live on the west coast. I also have a great opportunity just sitting for me in MD that I could be doing what I want, but I have all my family here. You can have everything in the world, but if you don’t have family you have nothing. Have some good friends up here, but do feel sometimes like I’m stuck.

I don’t feel like theres all that much to do here. Only so many times you can go to LG/Toga/DT Albany. Just feel like it’s repititive. I dunno.

^ In Duanesburg. I agree- I love this area, far enough away from Albany/ Schenectady etc. We can pretty much do whatever we want here and no one bothers us- Wayne pulls all nighter’s out in the shop many nights with the doors open and the music BLARING and no one complains- we have unlimited bonfires and the neighbors never complain. We are only 20-25 min from Albany so it’s not a horrible commute. When we build it will definitely be out here. Only downfall is that we are right on Rte. 7, which is a pain sometimes. Plus, as stated above, all of our family and friends are in this area so we could never move south.

I do enjoy where I live. My family is here and I grew up here so it’s home for me and there’s no place like it. Where I am is a bit country but it’s 10 minutes to Clifton Park and 20 to Saratoga so there’s always something to do.

I like living in Rotterdam. Im pretty close to just about everything around here. Right off the thruway and 890, right near Schenectady, close to Albany and shit like that. Not really hard to get to anywhere locally.

Almost all of my family lives within a half hour of me so thats a plus too.

I love Selkirk, NY and the NE in general. The only thing I wish we had less of is snow and the cold. I could deal with 40* winters but I HATE the minus something winters with huge wind chill factors.

My perfect places would probably be Tampa or Clearwater Florida, however, I got it real good up here so haven’t decided to go through with the move.

Great thread…

Most of my friends and fam in NY for the most part, but I would without a doubt love to move, and very well may after school. Of course I would stay close to everyone here/come back often to hang. Lived in Colonie/Albany for 23 years. Getting tired of it LOL

I had the opportunity to see other places. Lived in San Antonio Texas, Ventura California, Cheyenne Wyoming, and Colorado Springs Colorado. I never thought I would say this ten years ago but out of everywhere I have been I would most like to go back to Colorado. I had room mates from other parts of the US as well and when I asked them how much fresh water was in their home state it made me appreciate upstate NY a lot more. I love the Adirondacks and our abundance of lakes. I grew up on boats every summer since I was an infant and it is hard to get that out of my blood. I think we would all enjoy the upstate NY more if the vast majority would appreciate it more. It’s not NYC but I couldn’t live in NYC so I will stay content with Albany. Like Travis said, we are just hours from Boston, NYC, Cape Cod, Hampton Beach, Ect… My biggest gripe is the taxes! But it’s the family and many friends that keep me here year after year. You don’t realize how much you miss them until you are 3000 miles away

I have lived in scotia-glenville almost all my life, I do enjoy the area, its easy to get anywhere in a decent amount of time. my house to downtown alb 25 min or so. I did live down in FL for a few months and it was aight, i didnt have to many friends around so it did kinda suck, sometimes I think i would like to go back but im here to stay i think. I got a decent job, got all my family real close, good friends. Yes the weather isnt the greatest,yes the taxes suck,but EVERY PLACE HAS ISSUES. 518 is home and i think i can deal with that.

I really love living in this area actually. I’ve lived in the Capital Region my whole life and one of the things I love about it is how central it is/how easy it is to travel to Montreal/Boston/NYC. Unlike many people who live here, I really like the weather and the changing seasons. I have been giving thought lately to moving up to Maine though, that would be ideal for me but not sure how I would feel about leaving all of my friends/family.

You’re thinking on a MUCH smaller scale than we are talking about, Sir Jellies:rofl

It’s pretty sad when I saw a commercial the other day that talked about taking a 2 hour “road trip”:retardclap I’d consider labeling an 8-hr drive a ‘road trip’…maybe.

Seems like a lot of you guys have not been to Montreal…I HIGHLY suggest it. EASILY the coolest city around us.

Well Im just thinking on a normal daily basis for day to day things.

Ive stayed out in the country for a few days at a time but having to drive a half hour to get a gallon of milk gets old in a hurry.

The furthest Ive ever been is Wildwood, NJ when I was 15. Normally I stay within 2-3 hours of here.

Jesus christtttt… you need to get out.

I still laughed hard thought when one of the reasons he moved south was to get away from snow, and the first year he was down there VA got 24512451 times more snow than we did here in NY and the state shut the fuck down. Thought Clark was gonna starve for a bit :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

I do get out but Ive really got nowhere to go. I stay at a few car shows each year and thats about it for vacations. I dont have alot of vacation time, money or a destination most of the time.