69 camaro's car

Is it me or are those ebay turbos?

look like master power turbos to me. T70’s tho have been ebay copied before i’ve heard

no not ebay turbos they are master power, they are big with the lsx guys. they are a good reliable turbo but not the best out there.

Snow and aquamist seem to work real well. I have used a aquamist failsafe setup on a more primitive kit. It worked real well . and allowed a nice visual display of what the system was doing.

What about just running E85 for fuel and just spray some H2O to keep temps in check

its mostly a street driven car and finding e85 is a pain. if every gas station had it i would run it every day.
im still debating somehow running a intercooler because i used the water injection calculator and it said i would need a 38 gph nozzle at 7000rpm and 15psi. the biggest nozzle i found was 14gph.
this is the only intercooler that will work
http://www.siliconeintakes.com/product_info.php?cPath=7&products_id=209&osCsid=252db2782fc1e26ac2d0660a79520476
it is rated at 350 hp and i would run two of them. it says it flows over 450cfm. my motor flows 1004 cfm at 7000rpm. the cfm does not change with boost right? because cfm is a measurement of volume would it be the same at 0psi and 30psi ? my understanding is boost is just more dense air not more volume. maybe someone can clarify this for me. so do you guys think this intercooler will choke my motor?

i am not worried about this intercooler not cooling enough at high boost, i would run a small meth kit with it at higher boost. i just would like it to cool ehough for my street tune which is about 6 or 8 psi

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/product_info.php?cPath=7&products_id=1007&osCsid=3f9aef8c17bb27a78a96cb5971b3dda9

Supports 1200hp, enjoy.

nice, but yeah go liquid to air IC. The are all the rage nowadays.

I could be dead wrong but no , I believe that boost does impact volume. Density is just a matter of how closely packed all the air molecules are gathered together. The cooler the charge the denser and in hence the more oxygen content into the combustion chamber under each intake stroke.

No IC though will not be a dense charge and will become more prone to detonation , and less HP that can be generated

That is why a say 2.0 motor can make so much more HP under boost than in NA form. It is moving alot more volume per stroke , and hence output increases.

Obviously the cooler the volume the most bang you can yield!!!

where am i going to put that thing?

Did I read that right $469.00. Most good Air to Air cores are more than that.

alot of people have used the silicone intakes/frozen boost liquid to air coolers. they are cheap, effective, and apparently are made pretty dam well.

put is somewhere! there are many different configurations, not just that one.

i like a good clean front mount setup myself, air to air. I dont see a huge benefit as your air temps will only be as cool as the water you have in the tank. For a track car, ice water would work well but on a street car, that water will quickly be ambient air temp.

I guess water does cool air better than air tho… but how much of a gain are we talking? Alot of cars just dont have the room to run a setup like that. You have to add a pump and another radiator and all those hoses.

i found a pair of air to water coolers that will barely fit, so i am going to intercool it. i cannot run a air to air because of the size i would need.

just bought 2 intercoolers

i love new parts

with a air to water street cars still use a heat exchanger in front but its considerably smaller than a air intercooler. i have limited space and airflow in front which is why i chose air to water.

congrats i can’t wait to see what you come up with when teh car is done. should be ridiculous lol

Any updates?

update
almost done just need some small stuff will probably start Wednesday.

here is some pics

This car is going to sick as fawk.

looks good. have you tried maybe using a 45 degree coupler? just a thought the hump hose coupler might be pushed to limit

the intercoolers fit into the fenders nicely

that hump hose didnt fit like i wanted to. im going to order a 45