7.3 powerstroke tranny question

ok so im possibly picking up a 95 f350 with a powerstroke turbo diesel. the guy told me at high heat the tranny slips while its still in gear but once it cools down its fine no problems. so basically when its cold and warming up its fine but when it hits higher heats it slips. anyone have any ideas what this may be? should the tranny just get replaced? he thinks a new filter and some lucas will cure this. any imput on this guys?

in my experience with auto trannies that are already slipping, changing the filter and fluid usually do them in shortly after that. happened to my dads truck, my old s10, my beretta before that. and as for throwin the lucas in there, it MIGHT help, but i’d say its more of a bandaid than anything

just get a box and throw it in, you’re not gonna bandaid it for too long. E4OD is what i think is in there, not real sure what would cause that. could be a pump going out of it, i’d do a line pressure test while hot

even so those old powerstrokes are dogs, i hope you don’t want to be too serious with it. i’d be lookin for a 99+, something that came with an intercooler

no im not getting to serious with it just a programmer some sort of exhaust thats really it…gonna use it to tow and to daily drive.

well if you ever wind up having problems with it i might be able to help. good luck

thanks. ill be finding out tomorrow if im getting it. do you by chance know what trannys will work in it?

E4OD, it’s the predecessor to the 4R100 trans they used in superdutys up to 03

It really seems to be a technical question and i am not that good in it so i would suggest you to better take help of a technician who can guide you with the same and help you getting it done right within first chance.