7 Springs 2007-2008

Wuss!

Yea i busted my elbow pretty good in the park on north face sunday, almost have full range of motion back. Def not 21 anymore.

Those jumps are really nice n smooth… the bad part was, I got fucked up after I landed the jump… it was defiantly a drunken accident. Im really pissed about it because I was going a lot the past 2 weeks getting back into it and now I really shouldn’t be going.

which set? I was loving the “small” set on the right, closest to the rope tow. This was on skis though, and I was straight airing. There was a fair amount of glacier showing, so I could see how boarders would wash.

Going up to 7 Springs tonight… I was there monday for the first time ever skiing. so much fun going tonight.

I wish I could go tonight… fucking ribs hurt bad!

So to the bar I go for wings tonight! Ill drink my 7 springs sorrows away!

We’re going up to the condo for a long w/e, Saturday through Tuesday. I hope it doesn’t rain again like last time!

what are you riding / wearing? I’m thinking I’ll be up there monday night again, barring any rain. You can get a good laugh at flat rail attempt #3 and perhaps spinfest 2008 as I try to regain my 3’s and move to 5’s (eventually)

I have a black and dark purple parka, black pants, red boots, and yellow/red/black volkl skis.

Do you guys mostly snowboard? I just went for the first time last weekend, skiing that it. It was a freggin blast for a Florida bread guy. I managed the intermediate trails with some ease. Definitely not good, but I’m proud of myself. Is anyone up for skiing the trails this weekend? I’m vaguely considering going back.

I am a skier.

save yourself some hassle and money, and try to go during the week. Monday night there were literally 50 people on the mountain and only about 10 in the park. Great time to work on stuff and not have to deal with the crowds. Also try to stay out of the wagner/6pack lift area. If you go one slope to the left, or over to the far north face there are some nice, long, not so populated trails and slopes. Look for “lost girl” and give “gunnar” a try.

Whoa! Just found this post Matt, you have a condo at 7 springs? Are you looking for a new best friend?

Heading up again tomorrow if the weather cooperates!

I’m going to Hidden Valley Sunday to start off my Snowboarding career. That’s pretty close to Seven Springs isn’t it?

Boomerang Trail and Avalanche slope were prime time Wednesday night. All powder, not a soul in sight and most importantly, we could actually see…it wasn’t a complete white out over there at least! Most fun I’ve had yet.

Tip for future trip… on the way up the Avalanche lift… on the left hand side about a 1/4 way up the hill you will see a pretty big rock where you can ride off of, its fun… to get there you have to go down goosebumps, but you can stay to the left if u dont wanna do the moguls, 1/2 way down the hill you will see a trail on the left, it goes right off that rock… great time, you should try it!

Its only about an 8-9 foot drop, you’ll live!

if its not boomerang… he’s not doing it.

:rofl:

My parents own it, I just use it for free. :wink: What time are you going to be there tomorrow Mike?

I’m not to horrible. I love that “lost girl/lost boy” trail and Gunnar wasn’t to shabby. I did a few blue square slopes when it was powdery last Sunday. I’m efficient but not excellent…given that I’ve been out for 12 hours total now.

As it stands now my sons and i will be leaving here around 8:30 am and arriving about 10 depending on the roads. PM me if you’re goin and i’ll give you my cell#