7 Springs 2007-2008

Was up there all day today. Almost whole front was open but only two lifts. But there wasn’t many people… so no waits ever. I got tons of runs in. They were blowing the whole time on Stowe and Tyrol, but other than it was pretty good.
They will have north face open Saturday and one of the terrain parks (but I don’t do that stuff so that doesn’t matter to me).
I’ll be up there Friday early afternoon on, and then probably open-close Saturday.
Anyone going, shoot me a PM and I’ll PM my cell.
I’m usually in black pants and white/grey North Face jacket with black helmet and Ride society board (the bottom says RIDE real big with like green stripes running through it).
Most likely at the goggle I’ll have on a Killington baseball hat. I’m flying solo Friday so if you’re up there and see me, say hey.

Weather permitting…I may be there Sunday. I have too much going on Friday/Saturday to make it. I’ll post if I’m definitely going.

Sunday looks to be the beginning of a string of warm rainy days. Hope it holds out for you.

anybody going friday night?

i think i’ll be there all day saturday but i’m contemplating a friday night session too???

I hope it holds out. I guess we’ll see. I wouldn’t mind a longsleeve shirt session. Just no rain.

saturdays looking good for me…pm me if you want my cell and ill call people once i get up there

I plan on heading up with 2 other boarders and meeting up with some more people today around 3:30 or 4. I’ll have greenish pants on, a white jacket, white giro bad lieutenant helmet. Rocking Armada ar5’s, white rossi bindings and green 1080 boots.

I’ll keep my eyes open and if I see anyone I’ll holler.

chris

Sorry guys, I wont be up there this weekend, going to a friends cabin up in Ridgeway… next week ill defiantly hit it up

k guys im going up tonight pm me if you want my cell

ill either have a blue columbia jacket or a blue hollister hoody on with blue spy googles black pants a white volkl board with flow bindings…if you see me stop me and say hey

I live up by Springs and haven’t been there to ski in probably 3 years… I may have to hit it up this year.

Was real foggy last night but no lines so I got some mad runs in. Bailed a few times on the jumps on lower Wagner leading in to the Polar Bair lift. So I’m hurting.
But, I’m heading up again today about 2pm. Visibility looks like ass on the web cams, but oh well. It’s open and that’s all I’m worried about.
Today is slow day cause I’ll be with the wife.
I’m in black pants w/ white and gray jacket and white Ride Society board; she’s in brown pants and white/brown/blue jacket with orange and blue board.
If you see us (we’ll be on greeny trails all day unless she’s taking a beer break and letting me thrash a little), say hey.

yeah the fog last night deff sucked ass

x3. by the end of the night friday I could barely see any of the rails from the top of the park.

btw, kudos go out to the springs park crew! This is the first early season skiing I’ve done that I’ve had so much fun. Seriously, the money and time they are putting into parks this year and last year has been awesome. Hope to see more of that progression. It was a great scene up there Friday with everyone getting along and everyone have great stuff to hit. The straight 30 foot rail on the right was kicking my butt, but I almost got it by the end, about 4 feet shy :doh: Wall ride was amazing.

i’ve heard the new ownership favors the parks quite a bit. i guess you have to now if you want to have a successful resort on a smaller east coast mountain… its not like the terrain is going to draw a big crowd.
i’m no good in the park, but its exciting to see its popularity growing.

the fog made it pretty much impossible to ride saturday as well, i thought they did a great job with snowmaking and grooming for the weekend though. i think it was in the best possible shape it could have been in for the weather.

The park draws a LOT more people than you would think. I believe now 7 springs terrain park is ranked 5th in the nation… thats including every resort out west! Thats pretty serious for the east coast.

I agree that it’s nice the nuttings realize people don’t come up for 680 feet of vertical so they are putting money into other aspects of the mountain.

what I don’t like is that the only half-reasonable things in the food area are $2.25 hot dogs and $2.00 brownies. Seems like they took their awesome $2.25 pizza out and replaced it with $7.00 personal pan pizzas. I was pissed. The ladies working the counters didn’t seem super stoked on a lot of the changes either. Seems like it’s starting to lose the small, down home feel that it kind of had.

that was also a seriously flawed reader poll. It is way better than it was back in the day, like 5-8 years ago, but it should not be rated anywhere near that high. Breck, Keystone, Wistler, Hood, Squaw, Killington, Tremblant, Copper, are all better than springs just because of shear size. And those are only the ones I’ve hit! There are great parks in So. Cal that should blow ours away.

That being said, it is still really, really good for what it is. I think they finally have a sense of balance in that there were some features that the beginnerist of beginners could learn on, and they even have some beginner-intermediate stuff with the way they had a down rail and wall ride set up. The crew took great care to shovel / rake take-offs and landings so the ruts weren’t bad at all. It really was impressive, especially for how early it was.

I didn’t get to go on Sunday and I’m kinda glad. Started raining and never quit.

What’s the weather looking like for the near future/

not looking good

I have been to all those also, except wistler and copper… im sure you realize that you know im not talking about the resort as a hole, im talking about just the terrain parks… im not sure I agree with 5th, but I do know its a hell of a lot better than it was.