7 Springs 2007-2008

With that said, I sure hope some of the nutjob boarders that have no business shredding like fools on green trails either stay in the terrain parks once they are all open, or break their necks on Avalanche/Goosebumps or something.
I almost floored a few ass-hats for screaming down Boomerang at breakneck speeds, and off the cliff from the village trail just above Boomerang (that was supposed to be CLOSED) and almost mauling my wife and other beginners. I mean, I’d be tempted to do that, too, because it did look like a great spot, but you’ve got to consider that it is a beginning trail and people you can’t see may be below you when you fly off the cliff.
Friggen patrol had better be more strict on some of that shit going down as the season progresses, or they’ll be taking me to jail for beating the snot out of some teenage board freak. They should take passes away and ban people like they do at major resorts for some of the stunts they are pulling on beginning trails. My wife actually is getting pretty good, but was scared to death about what was always barreling down behind her or even over her (one nut cleared her off the one cliff). So, instead of me being able to go off on my own once in a while to hit the diamonds and be a ludicrous-speed nut where it is OK to do so, I had to stay behind her the whole time on lookout to keep boarders from knocking her over. And a few times, they were almost doing it to me, and I’d board all over half of them if they really wanted to go at it.
Some of them make me embarrased to be a snowboarder, and I now see why skiers hate them for the most part.
Learn some courtesy, learn that the person in front of you always has the right away even if they choose to turn towards your favorite jump, or you’ll get your ass kicked if you hit a beginner on a beginner trail within my sight line.

yep, I know it wasn’t resort as a whole and I also agree with you in that I’m not sure I agree with 5th, but it is a hell of a lot better than it was. I really was impressed with the setup friday.

Ill admit… that is one thing I do do… I love spinning small 3’s off of that ledge… I however do look before I do it… it would hurt like hell to collide with a beginner going super slow down that trail.

I forgot to add… about 5 years ago, we were going insanely fast down fawn lane to get speed to cross over to the other side of the mountain, ski patrol got pretty livid about the incident, we got got season passes clipped which is a warning, so if it happens again, you get the boot… I have wised up since.

Aw, I don’t care if they do it, and I’d take a run at it myself, but… they don’t look to see if anyone is on the trail, and Village was clearly marked closed and they hacked down the orange plastic fencing so they could get a run down it as far as possible before clearing the cliff (which means less and less visibility of what is on Boomerang below).
They were also rolling ice boulders down the same hill and across Boomerang so their friends could jump them while they rolled across the trail.
Have all the fun you want; just not when there are true beginners scared shitless on what is supposed to be a beginner trail.
It’s all fun until someone loses an eye… :nono: lol

agreed

Just keeping it live. Who’s on for next week? Just got back from a few hours. Been there every day since opening now.
Next week should be nutz, but whoever’s going, let me know.

I’m off on Friday. I’m going for a day session. Anyone else going to be around? Might go Thursday night too if I don’t go to Blue Knob.

i’ll be there thursday night, and hopefully atleast one day during the weekend

I’m getting Lasik done this week so tonight was my last night until after Christmas. But I’ll be there open-close after Christmas, unless I’m blind, lol.

lasik is the best thing I ever done, I got it done when I turned 21… its been awsome.

So how is the snow so far? I’m planning on heading up one of these weekends in the next month. I need to find out when my parents condo will be empty first though.

I might be going up tommorow with a friend not sure…anyone gonna be up there?

I think I’m done up there until after the holidays. I took a “straight to hip” fall off of a stupid box that I hit 150000 times before.

Snow has actually been pretty decent. They were blowing hard on saturday and it was pretty sticky freeriding, but the park scene has been good. The cams also show that they made up for the rain we had by being able to make snow for the past week.

Most of the north face is scheduled to open by the weekend.

Dont worry we’ve got you covered!!

Now which Pittspeed member will be your guide???

I’ll be there Friday. We’re getting there around 10:00am and will be there all day. I wear a tan corduroy jacket w/ fur on the hood and ride a black Ride Exile board w/ red base.

i’m anxious to see what this new lift will do to the far side of north face.

I’m anxious to see me on a snowboard.

:rofl: draggin toes.

:nono:
http://www2.elansnowboards.com/en/products/el-grande

Lengths: 155 159 163 167 171

i’m going to LOL. the flask will be full for this one fo sho