$700+ Bill from Swaintech Coatings....

So I just looked at my bank account and noticed two charges from swaintch that total a little over $720 and some change :eek.
I sent them three very small parts and, according to their website pricing, should haven’t reached $100.00. I’m flipping shit right now and no one is there on the weekends. I’m not sure what this is going to do when shit starts clearing on Monday :ohnoes.
I sent them an exhaust manifold adapter for my CT26 and two small exhaust manifolds it bolts to. Hell, my giant STi downpipe wasn’t much more than $100 to have done.:wtf2:gay2

/rant

id prolly be on the fone with them 8am sharp on monday

Swaintech put a broomstick in your bum

LOL!

They open at 8:30 and I will calling at 8:30!
I’m thinking they had a mix-up in paperwork. I’m putting a stop at the bank at 9:00 a.m. if they give me a hard time. They can keep the damn parts for that price!

Anyone else get screwed by them?

Never. I’m constantly getting parts coated there, actually just had EJ’s evo intake manifold coated there in WL.

Either they had massive prep work to perform, or paperwork is not in order. Call them they’re very good people. I’ve visited the facility numerous times and have always been welcomed with good nature there.

You would think they would run it by you before they charged you anything? They called me the last time I did business with them. This is the last time I send my CC info to them like that.:eek3

Before you have an aneurysm, might want to wait til Mon and give them a call. Sounds like a pretty simple mix up.

They won’t coat anything WITHOUT a credit card backing it up, just like other companies won’t do work w/o a deposit.

Unfortunately most consumers don’t take into account all the variables that affect the final price of a coated part. Many thing that most would just shrug off as negligible. Cleanliness of a part and required prep work, masking, blotting, complicated parts, etc.

It just sounds like a mixup so just call and talk to them on Monday. $700 is a little expensive, but is NOT out of the ordinary for similar parts as yours…

Wow. I’ll be more careful next time I guess. These parts are REALLY small, though.
I’ll let you all know how I make out tomorrow. I’m scurrd. :ohnoes

Just out of curiosity what coating did you specify to have them coat it in?

probably coded wrong in billing system

its 9am what was the turnout of this story?

well? did they pull the dick out of your ass or shove it in further?

just seen this… curious as well. How’d you make out bro?

Sorry for no update. Been at work.
I guess there was a major mix-up and someone really screwed up. They billed me twice for one of the parts and then the other charge was a mistake and they cancelled it.
They said my bill was suppose to be about 200. Still high for the parts I sent them, but they probably had a lot of prep work with the smaller manifolds. $200 is better than $740! She said she fixed it all. I haven’t seen anything change on my account, but it will probably take a day or two I would imagine.
I used white lightening I think? I can’t check right now, but whatever their high temp exhaust coating is.

That happened to me with a website I used to order some parts for my shot gun. They charged me $162.00 5 times. They cleared it up right away and the charges came off in 2 days.

Just for reference $200 is not high for those parts you sent them for WL coating. Eric Smiths Evo intake manifold coated in WL was about $190 on it’s own and I did the prep work for them.

$200 for three parts is a steal really, but in any event I’m glad you got it sorted out in good order.

Cool! Glad it was a good price. I don’t mind spending the money, but I was just going off the estimates they had on their site and some stuff I sent them a few years ago. I still have to buy a downpipe and send that to em’. I realize shit happens and they seemed nice enough, so I will continue to do business with them in the near future.

Check out the attached below…

Looks good. Word of advice for you…paint the ceramic with some high temp ceramic paint. The WL coating is super durable, but attracts dirt and grime like you can’t believe and is a paint to keep clean. With a solid coat of high temp paint over it you can blast with degreaser and keep the dirt from embedding into the cavities of the ceramic. The ceramic readily accepts paint with great adhesion.

Awesome tip! Thanks! I’m glad you suggested paint because it isn’t the most attractive color. Some high temp black will def make that a little easier on the eyes.