8/26 - NYIRP Track Rental

Nice time yest, thanks for the invite. Ya a lil bit was lacking on the track surface but it is always nice to get out. Don that stang rips glad I could see it run. Crazy-hope you got home safe with the car… hope evryone had fun. Adam

I had an awesome time yesterday and it was good meeting all of you (that I had a chance to). A lot of fast cars and there were a lot of people running better than they ever have at the track. Plus carnage was kept to a minimum (I think oroc and the SRT-4 (shift linkage) were the only ones that didn’t drive away from the track).

I’ll definitely be doing this again next year. After the turnout of this one I might be doing a spring and fall rental.

where are the vids?

oroc will be out next year bigger and better than ever :snky:

Ya this was definitely a good time! :tup:

The track is only like 20 minutes from my cottage where I was at, so I figured that I would stop by. Most people got a whole bunch of runs in - which is good.
I was originally just planning on being a spectator - due to the fact that I didn’t wanna blow up my rear end, and it has been making noises lately on hard take-offs. But I couldn’t handle watching everyone running their cars and seeing my car sitting there parked :cry:. So I figured I would get out there and do a few baby launches, then ram the throttle down and have some fun. I couldn’t believe how bad my tires kept breaking loose pretty far down the track. I guess my burnout wasn’t long enough to heat the tires up good :(.

Anyways, my best time was 12.32 @ 121.7 MPH
…On a 2.32 60’ ft. :lol:

My ET was decently better last year, but that was when I had an automatic trans. and a rear end that wasn’t making noises and worrying me.

Soon it will be time for a 12 bolt rear and more powa. Good times though!:cool:

wtf i pulled 2-3cars on bigEd and my best was a 15.0 but it was also 90+ out that day!

i wish i went

waiting for pics, and vids

:word: yea i need some drag radials… i couldnt get this pos to grip, spinning thru 2nd with awd SUCKS. if anyone was watching when i launched u could see my car swerve all over the fucking place :tdown: i gotta get rid of this bov and get some motor mounts ASAP

I didn’t have the downpipe on at that time, and these things are very restrictive (down at or below 2 inches after the DP hooks up), and had the car in “go to work mode”, nearly full tank of gas, trunk of tools. Also with the race gas in the car ran at full timing. LINK: http://www.driveway.com/phpdd96064

Then again the Audi was pretty quick :slight_smile: It had that Borla exhaust on it so the turbo could breath pretty good right? From a stop we weren’t to bad were we? Can’t remember.

In any event Ported Exhaust Manifolds, 3.5 Pulley, tires, and a tune by the end of September! :slight_smile: Just in time for a nice chilly October run or two :slight_smile: If I can get my launches down I can see 13’s in my future.

After that day…Im done trying to run on these DR’s Im getting REAL slicks now. I’m also getting my timing table changed so I can get more than 17.5 degrees advance, and shift at 6500-6700 instead of 6200 (found this out after going over my scans yesterday). I GOTTA be able to break 11s. All without N2O :wink:

Dont you have MT DRs? I have some ETstreets on :snky: wheels already you can borry. But there not gona be that much better at NYI on your stock beat suspension. My best on nittos DR is a 1.78, and ETstreets onlt a 1.73 at NYI, no travel limiters. Their better (etstreet) on the street tho, you should buy my engine cradle with the control arm braces. And put my rear travel limiters on the car, if you really want to do better. Because your not with your 150K stock stuff you have.
At the least stop over and we can put the ETstreets on, and set the car up for the travel limiters. Soon for a day, let me drive it :pimp: Also more seat time, M90 power is dead linear and w/ the auto. The easiest FWD setup I can think of. Don’t just think its hopeless, after going 1-2 time. Theres a lot left on the table, little work your fall into the normal 1.9’s on nittos/summer tires. But your gona need more power for a 11.9 at NYI at least 91/115 trap. It should be in thouse mods easy.

Pics? vids?

I had the rear limiters. Also, everything except the front control arm bushings are new (if thats what you’re refering too). I run Nittos now. When the track was prep’d another time I went I had a 1.9 60’ I couldnt heat these tires up. When I launched, you mine as well say I was leaving a red light at an intersection. It was oh so slooow, with a bit more foot pressure it would spin. I’ve been planning on doing the “control arm braces” for sometime now to. Maybe get the PCM a bit more tuned (shift points and WOT timing) I think 11.9 isnt impossible.

OMG WHERE"S THE VIDS!!!

:clap:you pulled me good that one night :frowning: rematch when my fresh tranny and new convertor are in :baby:

you know it baby, i down to run whenever you are. we need to go eat again at roadhead.

vids?

we need to go eat again at roadhead.

LMAO!! I thought I was the only one that called that place…that. funny stuff

Still no vids??

vids?

aside from what paulo shot… did u get any of me?