85 El Camino SS clean up

This is my el camino that my gramps gave it to me for my first car 3 years ago . Its origanally from texas so its blessed with a super clean frame and little to no rust at all. All the paint was fading and cracked up even though it was painted twice before.The first year I had the car I left it as is. A year after me and my dad did all the body work and painted it up ourselves right outta our garage. This past winter we decided we wanted to clean it up make it a little more presentable. Unfourtantly, My gramps past away two months ago so we figured as a kind of tribute the only suitable thing we could do is to drop some cash into his pride and joy .

Anyways onto the technical aspects (not very technical lol)

Its got a 350 small block, automatic tranny(only thing i dont like about it), with 56xxx origanal miles on it. The origanal 305 was replaced about 20xxx miles after buying it just to upgrade it . pretty much other than that its all stock minus the head unit.

This past month I pulled off all of the gay emissions controls and the ac to clean up the engine bay some more since all the hoses and shit blocked the motor basically. We took off what we could without pullin the engine out (possible plan for next year if shop space is available) cleaned it up, sanded it down, and painted it up. Also, I put on a chrome dress up kit and braided lines. Im putting back on the side skirts and took of the exhaust to make way for custom side exhaust which mounts up to the quad tip equast tips on the side skirts. still waiting on the headers, center caps for the wheels, and the origanal el camino ss decals to come in.

lemme know what you guys think

This is the car when i first got it

You can kind see the paint bubbling up at the end of the hood it was basically like that all over the car you just cant see it from the pix

This is the car after we painted it

Drove it to junior prom it was cooler than a limo

This is the engine before it was dressed up (note all the bull shit)

those are all the pictures I have on me right now but ill be taking more tommarow when i go to work on it in my dads shop.I’ll post some more this weekend.

nice work :tup: that motor is nasty, well it looks great now! get those pics up

thanks bro

Here some are some pics from a couple weeks ago of the motor with the pollution control, AC, altenator, and power steering off right after paint

Now here are the ones with everything back on with the chrome dress up kit.
I kept the pollution control and ac off cuz i dont like them

Almost done with the motor clean up im still waiting on my headers to come in

Onto some exterior work. I decided to put the stock side skirts and side exhaust back on which required just a lil bit of putty, paint and sand blasting the exhaust tips. We also had to make custom brackets and drill new holes since we filled um when we painted the car

all on

I also scuffed and painted my rims victory red just waiting on new center caps but this is what they look like with the old ones on just to see how they came out

before paint

painted but the camera makes um look orenge

now with center caps (the old ones still waiting for the new ones to come in)

thats it for now once the headers come in ill have pics of the pipes that im hookin up

Nice, my dad has a 70 SS El Camino sitting in his garage, it has 15,XXX on the body and 0 miles on the OG motor. When he bought it he took the engine out and put his race motor in. I need to pull that bitch out the garage and get it going.

pretty cool! but that thing needs sum Baller wheels y0o

i think i maybe met you at SG…? did u have a smart car or something lol

That looks cool! I agree with wheels, maybe some 17 bullits in a dark color or even chrome!

nice i like it man.

i would get some monte ss rims to complete the look

haha ya deebo i was rockin the smart car the other night wat car did you have? anyway ya the rims are only a temp fix for this year iv been eyein up some 15 or 17 inch american racing five spokes in gun metal i would like chrome but there a bitch to keep nice even tho it is stored for the winter. its a toss up between gettin nice rims and puttin air ride for a cruizer or boostin it either way ill be droppin some more loot into it next year

is that the year with the chevelle front end? if it is im mad jelouse those are hot shit wat was the stock motor by the way

I have a set of factory 5 spoke Camaro 15" wheels from an 88’ Camaro RS. If you painted them to match you paint scheme they would look very era correct, I would let them go to you really cheap just because I think they would look fantastic on that car. PM me if you are interested.

word, painted white would be cool!

Yes, its got a 396 in it. I will have that thing out. Its funny, my dad painted his car dodo brown because no one would race him on furman back in the day,it was originally white, I will have to take it back to white.

I wanna take it to this

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3255/3080772597_5d083b9bed.jpg

o yo forgot to post these pix earlier i took some of the underside of it. I ended up takeing the tranny pan off to change the filter and put a new gasket on so it would stop leaking. While i had the time i ended up cleaning up the pan and the fly wheel cover . This car needed some heavy degreasing and scrubbing because it was covered in 25 years worth of grease and grim the motor alone took 5 cans of engine degreaser and brakleen and an industrial strength pressure washer

look at all that grease haha

a part cleaner does wonders

finally

this took 45 minutes per side to clean the grease was close to a half inch thick

o shit there are rivots under there

↑ Pretty clean, look solid as hell.

i had the teal integra (or i may of had the minivan), but i was talking to you with ryan about tuning or w/e

yo that el chevelle is nasty haha i would love one of those that would be pretty sick if you did it up like that

Im deff diggin it man keep up the good work

o ya man i remember now