85 El Camino SS clean up

got the headers wrapped today kinda sucked getting fiberglass all over my arms haha. also got the decals on but i only had enough light to take a side pic ill post more thiss weekend since we wet sanded and buffed the shit out of it

if all goes as planed the exhaust will be done by friday or saturday so itll be on the road as soon as thats done

here are a few nice ones…

http://www.server7.com/images/BSG/special/z1998pres3c.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2245/2216654505_49b9c2264d.jpg
http://blog.hemmings.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/elcofromcardomain_resized.jpg

looking good man :tup:

I LOVE the way that Chevelle front end looks on these.

Your car looks very ncie as well, keep up the great work. I love that side exit exhaust too lol.

updates?

seen it at sg looks good!

How did that ghetto engine painting hold up now that you’ve driven it a couple times…

^ I was wondering the same thing.

actually it is holding up really well the only problem i had was it turned black right above the headers cuz i forgot to retighten the bolts after a couple days but whatever itll do till i actually pull the engine and do it the right way… as for updates i had the exhaust bent to dump out of the side exhuast but had to redo the driver side since the guy who bent it made this huge elbow that would scrape on the pavement whenever i hit a small bump (couldnt complain he only charged me 120 bucks for some pretty thick pipe) pretty easy fix when you know a good welder.

next project will be make the carburator work right i found out that after a very embarressing run at lancaster that the secondary valved linkage was frozen and the bottom flaps for the secondary valves are not opening all the way im gunna get to the bottom of this saturday

what did it run?

lets not go there

Where in Colden do you live? I grew up there. I’m surprised I haven’t seen your car around

heath but i just moved up here about 4-5 years ago

Know any of the Schneiders?

dont know anyone up here pretty much i just know the guys at sliders thats about it

Ah ok. On a sidenote, I saw your car at Delta Sonic in OP last night. Looks pretty clean

thanks much

Alright so for some reason I tend to do projects on my car when it comes time to actually drive it instead of in my heated garage during the winter :slight_smile: . Over this past winter I pick up a 383 with a built turbo 350 tranny that was built for a modified track car from a family friend who has been building custom street rods since he got back from Vietnam. no expense was seemed to be spared when he built this thing which was why i was surprised when he sold it to me for a mere 2 grand. So heres a quick list of some of the goodies it has that I can remember off of the top of my head
-scat internals
-world products ported heads
-powermaster mini starter
-edelbrock air gap intake manifold
-holley proform carb.
-gear driven timing

• turbo 350 tranny with a shift kit

pretty sure I am missing more stuff but I have been running on about 8 hours of sleep over the past 2 days due to the swap.

Friday I got the car to the garage and had my dad, esford90, and another friend help rip everything off and pulled the motor out in approximately 4 hours.

having a lift made everything go so easily :slight_smile:

new motor after about 4 cans of high temp paint… was originally blue

the old

one of the only times I have ever used that thing

uber clean…

didnt really have time to snap any pics while dropping in the new motor so heres some with it in and almost ready to start up

bought new long style headers and surprisingly i only had to modify one tube so I could tighten the oil filter did this with a good ol torch and hammer … no holes :slight_smile:

after about 13 hours of putting everything back together I finally had the pleasure of turning the key and surprisingly after a quick adjustment to the starter she fired right up

Now that we know it starts my dad and I are in the process of trying to get rid of wires and components that are not needed, doing the timing, and fine tuning the carb. Also, I am placing an oil pressure and temp gauge inside my ashtray compartment. The next big thing to tackle is redoing the exhaust which should happen by the end of the week. Hopefully if all goes as we expect it to I should be cruising around by the weekend.

great job man, i wish i could of been there for start up

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

also, it looks like those headers fit alot better than the last ones you bought haha

very nice!