85mph

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/prasamin/0X15uPLytu_xAFDWVI8KqTRAxk-eE3zArzLTHateSno_zps66fa262f.jpg

wish this was in nys

And I thought 70 was awesome driving down to TN

New toll road to bypass Austin to and from Dallas and San Antonio

Now I wonder how that works with speeding. Will they yank you for going 86 or will there be a 10-15mph grace zone like there is here. Because being able to drive 95-100 mph without being ticketed would be awesome except on my gas bill.

So you did 105

:slight_smile:

get a z28 auto fbody. 273 gears and OD… 80mph on 35R18’s is 1850 rpm! 100 I bet is like 2800rpm… perfect crusing rpm! lol

Lol the RSX is at like 3K RPMS at 70. 100 is like 4800 on a 7k redline lol.

from what i read everyone drives 95 on the road, the problem with a cop pulling you over for 1 over is its almost an instant throw out in court.

Yup, that’s what I was thinking. 1mph is hard to absolutely prove. 10-15 is easier because even with a margin of error you are still speeding.

get yanked at 98 in an 85… Fist bump and tell the cop

SHAKE N BAKE!

http://content6.flixster.com/question/42/29/07/4229076_std.jpg

Is that actually what the zone a cop will not write a ticket for on the highways in NY?

I always thought it was 10% of the speed limit, so theoretically round up to 7 mph at 65 mph, ensuring you would not get a ticket for going 72 but might get one for going 73. I forgot where I heard or read that but I always believed it to be true and will normally set the cruise control at 72 mph on the NYS Thruway to avoid being ticketed.

I heard from a Guilderland cop he usually allows 1/3 of the posted limit over or 15mph whichever is lower. But every officer is different and things like traffic and road conditions come into play. But in my yrs of driving I’ve never been hassled if I’m under 80mph in a 65 70mph in a 55.

On highways I will pass cops doing 14 over all day long. Obv if I had a modified car still I wouldn’t but in a bone stock miata they don’t care

They’re prolly amazed it got up that high in speed, don’t want to ruin your feat.

lmao, its hit tripple digits before:ahh

Downhill with a strong tailwind?

nope, it will even accelerate up a hill at 90mph :lol

last speeding ticket i got ws 10mph over on the northway near exit 13. He didnt bpother to pull over the escalade that was literally on my ass tho … middle of the day on a weekend with 1000 fuckin cars on the road. cop was a dick

was probably pissed off at my good looks

Those are the worst. Similar thing happened to my best friend and I on the way back from NYC.