92 si hatch turbo build

IMO the LS tranny is the best because its geared the highest. yeah, that sounds like a throwout bearing. you should replace it before the 27th though. well Lord willing, tomorrow were going to see what 15 psi does on race gas. should be in the 380-400 whp range…if it stays together, lol.

well well look at mr. i-dont-care-if-it-blows-bc-i-have-a-gsr-to-build-now… :smiley:

HAHAHA!! thats right, lol. and i dont have to drive it to school either. thanks again for the motorset. cant wait!!! get the 200sx done yet?

15 psi vs stock ls… :confused: haha but should be fun while it lasts! J was telling me you bought the GSR, you got big plans for it?

Yeah, it probably wont last long but it doesnt need too. Just needs to survive the next FLD’s. For the GSR im just building the bottom end with the usual and keeping stock sleeves. I met a guy at PRP who had almost exactly the same setup im going to have and he has made 528whp @ 23 psi but that day he had 486whp @ 18 psi and ran 11.60’s in a DC chassis. He said he’s been running it for over a year now on the stock sleeves and has had no problems. So thats what the plan is. Are you going to build your motor at all?

I am debating on a lot of things right now. I also have a bone stock 98 coupe that is my daily. Im either going to sell both cars and go with one fast reliable honda, or sell the coupe and try to get paint and a small build on the gsr.

I’d keep the EG. I didn’t see any rust in your pictures and how many non rusted EG’s do you see up here? I would definitely build the GSR motor though. You’d have yourself one bad car if you did.

11.60 with 480 is terrible!!!

The ringlands will crack around 360whp @ 7200 rpm! It will still run. just smoke like a bitch.
end of last season I ran a beat stock ls to 366whp.
1st pass on it went 11.2@120 holding the rev limiter at the 1000’ at 7200.
2nd pass it started smoking. it went 11.5@120.

Hmm, maybe I’ll just shoot for 350 then. But I won’t be on slicks nor on a drag strip and only revving to 6800. So it wont be quite as hard on the motor.

Not really considering it was QCR and NO track prep!

The real cars :slight_smile: …that normally run in the 8’s were running mid 9’s.

Joe, I bet on a prepped track you could drive that DC into the 10’s easy

Car is getting paint this week. Peeled off the purple tint yesterday. Think i am going with black flamingo pearl same as OEM unless someone can give me a good price on pulling windows. My guy can put them in but doesn’t want to pull.

the rear hatch just use the trashbag method. the other windows get a razor blade and take them off. pretty simple man

Car is almost ready for paint, no more emblems, key hole in trunk, or antenna. Shaved the holes for the side moldings too. Gotta strip my wheels too and find a good color cuz the guys going to spray them while hes at it. Should be done early next week :slight_smile:

black rims ftw

austin malone?

cell phone pic sneak peak… :slight_smile:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/psychocarne/07-15-09_1307.jpg

Oh and on the way to get it painted i noticed that the ls tranny i got in a trade may actually be a GSR. On 79 i was just cruising in 5th at 60 MPH and i was dead on at 3k rpm.

So everyone remember that shit box…take a look now :slight_smile:

that looks real good!!!
i like the silver lip you left on the wheels it really is a nice touch

Car looks awesome man

wow , jerry really knows how to polish a turd…remember pat , under all that fiberglass and bondo and pretty paint, its still a turd…

looks good tho