'93 del sol si Tachometer jumping around

13" lenzos would fit!

oh no, you have me wanting to buy a set of those with some stickies… those are sweet. are the gold ones the ones you have sitting in your garage when we tuned my car? or were those something else

what offset are they? and what tires would you run on them?

I have 22x8 bias ply M/T full race slicks on my Lenso 13" wheels. They HOOK

JackedUp… were you running the same setup on street tires? if so what was the difference in your times when you switched to full race slicks? (what is your setup anyways if i may ask)

im trying to figure if i should go slicks on lensos or drag radialson my stock 14’s… i dont have an lsd amd im running a bone stock tranny axels, hubs, wheel studs and all… no lsd either.

Using the B18C1 in a 92 hatch. without the 45-shot n2o, 14.09@98.5 on the Lenso’s + 22x8 M/T bias ply slick, 1.98 60’ best…missing a smooth 2nd gear shift (probably cost me 0.2 seconds, should have been a 13.9* pass).

With the street tires (stock 13" wheels with 170/75R13 radial street tires) it’s not really a good comparison…14.91@92-ish. No traction on the track with those little tires.

I was able to launch on rev limiter n/a and spray (45-shot) with very little wheelspin on the M/T 22x8 slicks. They rock!

I haven’t run my 225/50R15 BFG DR’s yet.

well even with like no miles on the cap and rotor… the points in the cap were all green and corroded, and the rotor was f’ed up… cleaned up the points and put a new rotor in… problem solved.
I should have pulled it apart a while ago… dunno why i guess i just assumed with them being new they would be fine.

this is my third MSD Pro cap that has done this…

At least you got it figured out. I ran a similar ignition setup in my Civic a while back, but ditched it for the headache-free OEM setup. Never had another problem…ever.

stock Dizzy and cap 620whp ftw

ok, it’s back… i dont know what the problem is… im switching to the stock shit as soon as i get a chance because its still doing stupid shit… my buddy thinks its detonation… but i dont think that can be possible under no load at no boost. im convinced its an ignition problem… i put in new plugs today and a new rotor seemed fixed for a minute now its shitty again.

also how the hell did my plugs re gap themselves to .034… i put them in gapped at .028… who knows. but anyways i have fresh ngk bkr7e’s in there gapped at.028 again. now does anyone have any ideas? i hope going back to stock ignition fixes it. i cant even do anything with it but putts around up to like 5000 rpm it gets silly after that.

ok, i just got to my girlfriends house… car was doing the funny stuff but until 5000 ran fine. i go to move the car to a different spot in the driveway like 15 min after i get there… wont start. try to clutch start it down the hill… wont start… pulled the dist cap off all ok, checked all plug wires plugs and connections to the coil… all ok. fuses all good both car and msd ignition system, couldnt find a damn problem then im like hell ill just put it back together and try it agian… Starts rite up! IM SO DAMN LOST WITH THIS THING.

now just throwing this out there… if my timing was off wouldnt it effect things the entire way through the rpm range?

If your timing was off, you’d wouldn’t be running fine after 5K, it should get incrementally worse as you rev…and if it’s off by enough it should throw codes/limp. Go back to the entire OEM setup and see what happens. As for the plugs regapping, no clue…they can withstand rediculous temps in the cylinder so I doubt detonation would heat distort them. You’d also recognize detonation via EGT as well. I’ll be free on Sunday evening if you need any help.

well, i dont have an egt gauge… but i really think its an ignition problem because i can just rev the engine up while sitting still out of gear and it does the same thing. I wont get a chance to go back to stock stuff till sunday morning/late sat night, but ill let you know. Thanks

Put 10 grounds on that shit

put ten grounds on what… the msd control module? distributor? coil? all of the above?

who the hell knows what is going on, i didn’t touch anything, just let the fucker sit for a day and it runs like a damn gem… it has to be a connection and or grounds. i’m putting new grounds on EVERYTHING!!! mwahahahaha!

FIXED!!! OEM ignition FTMFW!!!

I don’t trust MSD for our cars.

quoted for truth

Cool, maybe now it’ll be headache free for a while…until you start tinkereing with it again

x fourty four

haha, agreed