95 beretta 3100 woes

so i have been having this problem lately where the beretta tends to buck and sputter upon constant throttle but when i blip teh throttle it will go back to normal then do it all over again
when it hesitates and stutters i usually end up getting balck smoke

it seems like an ignition problem

i changed the plugs and the crank sensor and not much of a change

the engine light is intermitent so i cant pull a code

i checked resistance in the wires they all tested about 1.3**k ohms when warm

the coils went 6.15 6.35 6.35 m ohms

had the ignition module checked it turned out fine even tho i coudnt test it hot

the only thing that may concern me is the 02 sensor
around idle it seems to run about …042v -.06v btu its suppose to drop when inducing some kind of lean like a vacuum leak , but the voltage stays constant around .045v

it seems teh voltage is waaay below what it should be it should be more close
it should fluctuate between .2and .9 v

im thinking teh 02 is bad showing a lean condition and it just keeps ading fuel causing the symptoms

im not sure what it could be at he moment just looking for pointers

i need to know cuz moneys tight after buying a house and i cant just buy shit randomly at the moment

its seems to be a 02
from what I could tell working on it

if teh voltage readings are right i dont c how the car even starts or for that fact drives ,

anyones opinion is appreciated

intake gaskets ??? … seeing that they are known for it

I’d hope it has already been done with 180k.

I dont think his car is overheating at all or loosing colent :gotme:

possible very early signs of intake gasket

an intake leak will cause a miss. and the fact the light goes off doens’t mean you cna’t pull the codes…they get stored.

u tell that to my beretta

wouldnt i still get the symptoms of the intake leak if my light come son

when the light comes on the car runs completley fine, i guess it goes into “limp” mode

would that be a clue that its sensor related?

just read the damned codes…

goddamnit pat stop trying to use common sense

y do u guys act like im afuckign retard

ive been there done that

it doesnt want to give me any codes

EGR, my bonneville would do that shit too, its 1 of 3 things, O2, MAF, or EGR, i bet on EGR

OK BUY A NON 3100 GM POS PROBLEM FUCKING SOLVED)

thanks joe

its seems The_Russian is teh only one who had anything usefull to say

I may be a noob, but i had the exact same issues. Theres a place in Rochester Wilberts, that has all those parts, its a junkyard, theres probably one in buffalo too. They are all about 50 bucks.

If you go to Autozone, they can usually run the code.

With mine, when i started it it would sometimes idle really high, and a jab of the throttle would make it go away, it would also, sometimes sputter and not accelerate when i got on it, and a few jabs would correct it.

I bet on the EGR, its 3 bolts and wiring harness, its mad easy

Yea i re-read it always ran fine when the light was on, then when it went off. it was a fucking crapshoot

yea cause i didnt offer to help u bobby and use the scanner. eat my ass

wwe can count the MAF out since i do not have one

im down to an 02, or possible MAP sensor , it still could be the ICM , but im gonna have to wait. The car is driveable its just gets annoying after a while.

joe u never said when , but its cool just let me know

EDIT: can i clean the egr on these motors?

pull it, spray some carb cleaner in it. it will run really rich as it cleans itself out, then should be better if not good

cleaned egr and throttle body, no difference

i finally got a scan tool for a code

code 44 02 circuit indicates lean condition

it seems like a slow 02 but so

other conditons could be leaks at the intake, intake itself , clogged injector, fuel pressure low

since the car runs smooth after the light comes on it indicates the computer is adjusting and getting rid of the problem.

so id assume to just change the 02 since the computer is compensating for it and it runs fine right? i dont want to spend 80 bucks thats not mine on somthing that dosnt fix the prob.

any suggestions or opinions

After that unfortunately im out of EXP, mine was good after i did what i did. Sorry bro