98 eagle Talon

Wont start, full battery, fuel pump is kicking on, gas in the tank, spark from the plug wires, all it does is crank, was a sudden problem was driving and just died.

Any help dont know if there are any secerts with the imports or these cars to look for…

Thx

turbo? non turbo?

sounds like possible crank angle sensor to me

crank position sensor

location,( I know near crank, any tests to run) to confirm?

pull the old one and replace it, sucks but true. is it throwing any codes?

no engine light on just dies going down a hill,

98? i thought they stopped making talons in 97?

do a compression test?

nope its a 98, k common problem part, sounds like it wants to start, but wont,. Try that tonight.

last year of the talon. tsi? esi?

try the crank or cam sensor

if it was the cam sensor, or crank sensor… would it still get spark? are the injectors firing? is it getting spark in each cylinder? timing belt ok? check fuel pressure at the fuel rail? just some stuff off the top of my head.

yea it has everything like normal except the sensors arent telling the computer that the motor is trying to start

install tonight, tough time getting the part yesterday.

Check the fuses on the engine bay.That happen to me on my 92 GST.

fuses checked.

timing belt?

timing belt broke… will i have to replace the valves seeing as the motor might have ruined the valves , or will I get away with just a timing belt?

Interference motor. Were you cranking the motor? There’s probably some substantial internal damage.

if it had spark then the sensor was not dead…lolz :doh:

sorry bout the belt snapage, time for a 1g head (was it ever stated if this was a turbo?)