car stalls

i have a 93 cutlass supreme and the cars stalls …it seems when the car is cold…it happened last night on the way to help blayner…the weird part is it stalls or tries to stall while driving…i am thinking the fuel pump maybe…but i would hate to drop the tank again if it sint the pump…any ideas guys

Crank sensor?

defiently sounds like a fuel pump but on my 87 ciera it was a sensor, i can’t remeber which one(s) it was. I learned how to drive two with two feet on that car, everytime i stopped i had to keep my foot on the gas.

i just replaced the tank last month with the pump and all…it happens it random time…i am going to try dry gas…if not that…start swaping parts…

nice weekend i have reserves…:mad: :mad:

Does it start right back up or does it have to sit alittle while b/f it starts ago.

If so, after I dropped my car the fuel cutoff safty switch would activate sometimes. I had to hard wire it.

it starts right back up…it stalls at random times…when i hear it trying to die i hit the gas and it backfires and stuff…

it isnt throwing any codes either…

it stalled on the turnpike the last time after driving it for 40 minutes…so i am really confused

throttle position sensor :dunno:

on monday i am going to really look at it…if i cant figure out the problem…i guess it is going on the shop…

thats what you get for having a beater

its an olds!!!nuff said!!!:tounge: :tounge:

i am going to change plugs and wires on wedsday…and look for vacume leaks and check out other parts…

crack sensor son 110% gaurantee it

5 weeks later the car is comming home…paid for it today and pick it up tomorrow when i get a ride there

Originally posted by slowcamaro
5 weeks later the car is comming home…paid for it today and pick it up tomorrow when i get a ride there

thats one long time for a possible sensor same day for me or i go
elsewear hopefully they didnt rape u on labor

i will go else where again…but no ass raping…but they fixed some shit i was going to do myself…like brakes and rotors so i am pissed about that…i do my own break work and little things

they did work without asking i say ass rape unless u needed
inspection

:eek: :eek: :mad:

i do need inspection in a month…but it wasnt there for inspection

did u get that fixed yet? i think darkstar can help you out… he knows all about oldsmobiles