A/C issue

So after finding/replacing a broken belt to be the cause of the a/c to stop working in my 92 gsr, it no longer works.:wtfIt was working fine before the broken belt. With the car off low side psi is around 100, but as soon as the car is on, the compressor immediately engages and psi quickly drops to 0. Using another charging hose and leaving it open, it feels like its trying to pull a vacuum and gauge still reads 0 with no difference in air temp from the vents. Compressor does not cycle on and off if the ac button is on, the compressor is on. the condenser fan works as well. Asked a few people already and they are jsut as confused as i am. Anyone think they could help?

I can help, but your description is poor…

The compressor clutch is engaged with the AC on, but there is no low side pressure? What’s the high side pressure?

what are you using the measure the pressure?

Does the compressor engage when you put the car into window defrost mode?

Do you physically see the clutch engage at all?

Is there refrigerant in the system?

Is there proper tension on the belt?

Edit: Sounds like you could have a break in the line somewhere too.

Travis: compressor clutch IS on but no pressure when engaged, and i do not have a gauge to read high side.

brew: using the gauge that comes on one of those ez-chill cans that was laying around at work.

Vovchandr: to my knowledge the compressor is ALWAYS engaged and doesnt cycle on and off. i see the clutch engage and disengage when i turn the ac button on and off. there IS refridgerant in the system. Before the belt had snapped it was a fully operational system, belt has my guess of proper tension with no signs of slippage. and if i had a break in the line how come it will hold 100psi low side when the car is off and has sat all night.

The only difference from when the ac last worked to now is a different belt

you might want to have an a/c shop take out and replace all the refrigerant in your system to make sure you don’t have a leak

or have them check for MIL’s that do not set DTC’s to see if you have a/c system codes

a/c charge is low . if it still turns comp on there is still a charge in it just not enough to cool it . get it charged or dont turn a/c on till fixed as runnin it without the right charge and oil can destroy comp

well its a 92 so im thinkin no codes on the horizion anytime soon. and as far as replacing the 134 thats in it, bad to say but aw shit, damn valve core just popped right out and nothin i can do now i guess! kinda how i “evacuated” the r-12. and as far as not enough charge, where does the 100psi go when the compressor is off to the 0/slight vacuum when its on?

Low side=suction side dude, compressor is not ‘sucking’ when it’s not in use. Typical low side pressure when the compressor is on is ~32psi.

ah ok. but still it had the proper psi/ambient temp before the belt snappage. now no matter how much i try and put in, lkowside stays at 0