Problem with my AC, The Clutch Will not engage....

Ok the car is a 1997 Honda civic DX sedan, automatic

I Switched out the compressor about a month ago and never had a chance to recharge it…]
So today i went to go recharge it with the diy kit…and the car will not take it…
The A/C was won and fan at full speed.

When im looking at the A/C clutch it doesnt seem to engage…the pully is going but the clutch will not engage…
I also tried to jump the two wires for the silver canaster thingy…lol i dont know what that is the evaporator?

Should there be another thing i should jump that may engage the clutch?

any help would do thank you

ummmm the clutch gets power on the compressor. what you jumped sir was most likely the pressure switch.

that car had the coldest AC ever when i had it. lol

so where can i jump the clutch to engage? lol if that makes any sense at all.

Take it in to a shop and have it drawn to a vacum. then the system will pull the charge in.

did u check for power with a test light?

[quote=“Loudgp,post:5,topic:33114"”]

Take it in to a shop and have it drawn to a vacum. then the system will pull the charge in.

[/quote]

i pulled a full vaccum before i recharged it [had full vaccum for 1hr…] and didnt leak anything…
i jump the clutch and it does engage…

the next diliemma is this…
The Low side is the vaccum side right? its not suppose to build pressure right?

for some odd reason the low side is building pressure with the clutch engaged…
when the car revved at 2k rpm the pressure goes down as soon as u let it idle the pressure is way higher…

Is this because the compressor could be the wrong one and rotating the wrong way?

cycling compressor or is a gm variable? if it’s cycling the low side pressure will rise when the clutch isn’t engaging and go down to about 25-30 when it is cycling. have a high side pressure reading? fuse/relay for the a/c in good working order?

im about to go get the manifold gauge set then check it out.

Sounds like it could be a plugged orfice tube. I would check it, or best yet change it.