A Decent Winter Beater?

My friend just pulled out his winter beater after storing the 300C on Saturday and a few hours later he slid into an intersection trying to brake on a yellow on the wet road and totaled it. So now he’s looking for another beater for less then $1000 and doesn’t know what to look for. His last one was like a '97 Intrepid and hes interested in trying something new if there is better…

Only criteria is it has to be a decently reliable sedan that’s usually less then $1000. What kinda options does he have?

nothing is better than a '97 Intrepid

Old accords… Oh yea just one question.Who in the world puts a 300c away for winter why???

^^unless it’s an SRT-8, in which case i understand. 425hp + RWD + snow =/ fun

tell him to get something AWD. seems like he’s a Chrysler fan, but you can find late '90s Subaru Outbacks, Legacy’s and Foresters all day for between $1000-$1500. hell there was one on here last week for $800. they might have some mileage on them, but (as long as the headgaskets have been done at some point), the 2.5’s are strong motors that can last a long time.

Civic hatch back. Loads of fun, cheap on gas, cheap, and very reliable!

ill give you my 97 integra for 1000 bucks auto everything. automagic also. but its 2 dr…

hondas and toyotas are very reliable

Tercel civic blah blah

kijiji lets you pick a price range now.

Exactly…

Thanks everyone for the input! I think my friend is gonna pick up a used Protege since that’s probably the newest thing he can buy for so cheap that is also reliable and good with insurance. Insurance is probably gonna kill him every month now, even as a secondary driver, so he needs that…

I’ll keep all this in mind too for when I’ll need a beater someday, hopefully lol

buy my 95 ford probe!!! 600$ new brakes new tires 5 speed jvc cd deck new exhaust

just go on kijiji, click <1000 and scroll through a bunch of pages

240sx (s14) !! i’m looking for a rwd winter beater

Lol winter beater 240s make me sad :frowning:

I want a 240sx for a first car but I’d hate myself for having to drive it in the winter…

take my perfecly working acura integra 97. 2dr. auto everything. so you can have your coffe, donut, and a soup while you drive