A little advice...

So “My Friend” doesnt have a drivers license. SO one night he couldnt sleep and went driving around. Pulls into a parking lot and just sits there for about 5-10mins, then a cop pulls up. Mean while when the cop pulls up he wasnt in his car nore, was he in the drivers seat. Cop comes up says what thes problem buddy goes cars overheating letting it cool down. Now pretty sure the cop didnt see him driving there and he gets a ticket, for no license. Ok so, do you think if he goes to court he’ll lose… Or win… If he says, “I told the officer my car was overheating… I got caught up in the moment and didnt mention to him I wasn’t driving. That and my buddy went home who was driving to get some tolls to check the rad” plus his buddys came to get him in record time… At 3 in the morning… whad do you think? :dunno:

Eehh, he should have spoke up sooner if that was gonna be his story.

-j

if he said his car was overheating why did the officer ask for his license?

yeah that’s a lil strange

depends on what he said to the officer when at the scene. I never say shit to the cops. Then you get to trial and the cops say “well he didnt say anything about this at the scene” and you counter with “well court is the place to argue the ticket, not on the side of the highway at 2 in the morning”

it could go either way on this one. might want to talk to a lawyer

IMO the parking lot thing is what gets you… pretty sure a cop can ask for ID, no matter when or where… especially at that hour in a parking lot. only chance is you get a hella liberal DJ and he buys the “i didn’t drive my car here at 3am someone else did… then left… then came back and drove me home later” looks like he’s stuck paying.

ehh, my friend was in the same situation sorta, he doesent have a licence and he was sitting in a driveway on a street bike, and a local cop that hates him seen him sitting there. the cop tuned around and came back at this time my friend went over a hill and was gone… he got tickets in the mail, and so on in court his lawer made the cop look like an asshole, so therefore he dident get anything, so he wasent driving on the street at least the cop dident see him so he is prob ok…

Fight it. As long as you appear half decently comptent in court, you’ll be ok. Bring any and all the dudes that were with you to TESTIFY!

if he didnt drive the car, it would have overheated

and he will lose in court

it is illegal to drive without a license, end of story

got almost the same ticket in Mt. Oliver…

my license was under suspension, sitting in a driveway with the car off…cop said i looked suspicious…ticketed me…so i fought it in court…the magistrate said that i was right, dropped the charges, then charged me with disorderly conduct and fined me the same exact amount of the fine, because i had told the cop that i thought it was bullshit, at the scene…

never EVER swear at a cop…

talk to a lawyer about it first.

sitting there 5-10 minutes, and THEN a cop pulls up and gives you a ticket for driving without a license? heh. cop will need to PROVE in court that the person was driving.

btw, ive had a few friends ticketed for the same thing back in so cal. they all got out of it. the key is having a lawyer walk you through what to say and what not to, and to definately have the person there that was (supposedly) doing the driving. never go by yourself.

i just say it’s 50/50 he wins or losses. anyway i know all the cops in my town so it’s all good.

hahahaaha - I love when people do illegal things and then bitch about it when they get a ticket. :owned: