A mustang even julie would like

Even at $225,000, I still hate the rear end of that car.

Front end is titties.

1.15 on the skidpad - now that’s impressive for a stang.

pft… wrong

For that price i’d get a V8 Radical, and a CSR Radical, and a new truck to tow them to the track.

of course there are other race cars ud build, but for a sanctioned race series and a car and motor that will last the whole season, tahts a pretty good deal

Rice…look at that hood!!

kidding. Thats really cool.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

There are plenty of ready built turn key race cars for 1/4-1/3 of the cost (brand new) that would hand the POS its ass. And yes there are plenty of sactioned events for them.

Lows: Wonky pedals, numb brakes, you can find a faster car for $225,000.

No matter what is done to it,i’d never pay 225k for a mustang.Stangs are ok cars but you have to look at what else you can get for that much.:wink:

They’re hoping to revive Trans-Am with derivatives of this car. :tup:

I didn’t want to make the blanket statement that Mustangs suck and leave it at that. So here is a short list, out of many availible options, for BRAND NEW turn key race cars. They already have sactioned series (not trying to get in maybe a couple races in 2007).

Ford Mustang FR500GT:
[color=Black]Current Sanctioning Bodies: None
[/color] Curb weight: 3300 lb
Power (SAE net): 534 bhp @ 7100 rpm
Trans: 6 speed sequential
0 to 60: 3.9
skidpad: 1.15 g (laughable)
Price:$225,000

Pro Formula Mazda (Renisis engine):
[color=Black]Current Sanctioning Bodies: IMSA, SCCA, NASA[/color]
Weight …1090 lbs
Horsepower …240
0-60 : 2.9 seconds
skidpad: 2.5 g
Price:$78,900

Standard Formula Mazda (13B):
[color=Black]Current Sanctioning Bodies: IMSA, SCCA, NASA[/color]
Weight …1140 lbs
Horsepower …180
Trans: 5 speed dog box
0-60 : 4 seconds
skidpad: 2 g
Price:$39,900

ADR3 (Honda K20):
[color=Black]Current Sanctioning Bodies:SCCA, NASA, ACR, NAMEC[/color]
Weight…1200 lbs (w/ driver)
Horsepower…240
0-60… (I’d guess slightly slower than PFM)
skidpad…2+ g
Price: $75,000 (ASR class w/ K20)
Price: $65,000 (CSR class w/ Hyabusa)

I could go on and on, there are 44 companies (as listed in Feb '06 SportsCar magazine) that build complete BRAND NEW cars, but just wanted to give a quick overvewiew. Of the three cars I listed all of them would destroy the Mustang in the corners, and maybe the Standard Formula Mazda would get pulled in the straights, maybe.

Now as far as the Mustang engine lasting the whole season, yes, I am sure it can considering it is a conservative Roush. However, if an investor is puting a quater mil into a car I am sure that he is willing to rebuild the engine for 1/10th the cost every few races, that would also mean for the other teams to stay competitve they must be willing to do the same.

The engines I listed will have no problem pushing around 1,200 pounds for a few seasons, but still the best of the best are going to be putting in fresh engines sooner than that. Even at my level (IT) there are guys that will put in a fresh engine for the championship races at the end of the year.

So who would buy the Mustang given that it is slow? Well, just look at it, it is a huge rolling billboard. If I had a compny and wanted to advertise, the Mustang is the car I would buy/sponsor. As a company why would I want my name on the side of a car that is 18" tall? Another thing is that people can relate to it. It looks like a car they can down to the local dealership and get.

Would it be cool to see a new Trans-Am series with the Mustang, Camaro, and Charger/Callenger? Sure. And if I were a pro-driver looking for a ride would I turn it down, hell no. I’d drive a pink car sponosored by Tampx.

But I am not a pro driver, and I would rather watch cars that are directly related to those on the showroom floor (like the Mazda Cup, Showroom Stock, Touring). And if I am paying for my own ride, as stated before, I’ll buy the ones I listed @ 1/5-1/3 of the cost and be faster in the process.

So, Bryan, do you still think it is a good deal?

One final note on sanctioning bodies…

Davis’s first choice would be to have the Champ Car World Series sanction it and run the races on Saturday afternoons in conjunction with Champ Car’s Sunday shows in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Looking at the 2007 Champ Car schedule, that would be 13 possible races.

Both Mazdas are part of the Star Seires 12 races. On top of that all three are national class SCCA cars.

Each year, approximately 65-70 Nationals are held, broken into the eight divisions, with each division running a minimum of six events.

I totally agree with you there.
It’s like that hot chick with a real pretty face you see in the grocery store on the other side of the oranges. When you walk around to the other side of the oranges to get a better peep of her whole body. All you see is a huge ass and thunder thighs, with a pretty face attached to the fat birds trunk.

i meant a stock appearing car, which i like better then full out open wheel/open cockpit racecars as i am more of a race on sunday buy on monday type, but thanx for beating a dead horse

So why not stock performing car as well?

+1