A Quick Stupid Question

Iirc you can start a 2stroke backwards

…unless you have someone record it while you are doing it and share it with us. :rofl

+1

I watched a ricer do that at LVD after staging too far forward. He put it in reverse, got staged, and forgot what gear he was in… lololol

Yes skidoo RER does that. it revs it down to 0 rpm and uses the inertia to keep it spinning down and it rotates backwards and fires back up.

Yes, thats why the rer works. 2 stroke doenst have cams and valves and shit, just ports. mechanical timing for intake and exhaust is the same rotating one way as it is the other, its all based on port heights on the sleeve.

Same as little RC car engines, you can run them in reverse too.

Also, if you were to somehow pop start a 4 stroke motor to make it rotate backwards, most cars would jump timing big time. I know my VW head would do that, the timing chain for the cams puts pressure on the tensioner in the head by rotating in one direction only, if it were to spin the other way the tensioner would actually release all the tension and jump timing.

We did it in my buddies winter beater integra and it wouldnt go faster then 15mph in any gear after that. Was very amusing though

Thanks for all the responses, i did it in my dads pickup and i was wondering how this little trick worked, i also remeber having to do it with his motorcycle one time.

Yeah, I know.

I used to pop start a couple jettas in reverse. My driveway is on a slight hill, so if i pulled in the night before and battery died/starter froze then id just coast in reverse an pop it quick. Done deal.

You’ve done a lot of things in those Jettas you shouldn’t be proud of :lol

Hmm, then did you win that race?

as peter would say GOTTTT EMMMMMMMMMM :lol

:rofl :rofl

Said he was gunna be at the lot after work that night around 9:30 i waited till 10:30 and never showed, He said he showed at 11:30 i wasnt waiting around all night for a race it was friday night