a suggestion to you honda faggors and other bitches that will need tuning

snob! i drive a saab… blah blah. but you are right. and that is why you are you. still coming to drink beer with the race car?

So… you want to tune my taurus with the J-B Weld intake? Tomarrow… at 6am… for free. Oh and reassemble half the car too!

Seriously I hate morons like that though.:lol:

FUCKING WERD!

Seeing what Jon has been through with some people, it has swayed my thinking on things as well. I was going to start doing tuning for ppl as well, but seeing what ppl actually put the tuner through…FUCK IT. It’s not worth the headaches for a measely $100. People bring the most half assed builds that are assembled like pure shit and expect the tuner to just magically make everything better. The only car I will be tuning will be my own and my bro’s…maybe a close friend or two, maybe. But that’s it. You want shit done, put in the the long hours of reading and COMPREHENDING how your car actually works. Then when you do go to a tuner, all your shit will be in check and all they have to worry about is timing and fuel maps (launch control, dual nitrous maps, etc for some). Be sure you have the goodies to make all the adjustments needed. FPR, larger injectors, etc. If your car is running that awful, it’s not because you are tuned like shit, it’s because your god damn timing belt is off one fucking tooth and I can assure you, all the tuning in the fucking world still won’t make your car run right. bah, now I’m rambling just thinking about it.

Cliff notes: props to tuners for putting up with fucking morons. Oh and thanks for squeezing me in ur tight ass schedule all those times mang. :slight_smile:

I am not a tuner, i know nothing about tuning, so i respect experts of certain feilds, as i am respected in the fields i know alot about. Hypothetically speaking if i were to get my good ol buick tuned, I would go to a shop or person, and say what i wanted from it. Ask generally what the rate would be either per hour or per task or flat fee. And when i make my requests clear and it is done. I pay what the cost is. Time = money, even if its just informational. An Experts time is money, becuase he can be doing something to make money. So if ever i need my car tuned, i hope i can ask someone on here to do it for me. I think i have mediocre expectations, i want quality of course, speed doesnt matter so much, and that things are done to my specs. I would probably say, get the most reliable power out of this, any way you can. I have XXX money. Use that as your base and go. And at the end of the day, i have a tuned car, the tuner is happy, and i will likely be able to do business with them again.

I know i rambled, but i wanted to make it apparent, that there are good people, and good customers who understand the real world out their, and not every guy getting his uber honda tuned is a jock prick who doesnt understand shit, becuase his backwards hat compresses his lack of brain tissue.

In closing and a side note. I want to either supercharge or turbo maybe twin turbo my buick lesabre. I plan on a new paintjob, wheels, It won’t be no regular buick for long.

I drive one too
Does this mean I can hate on assholes…
Customer service blows.

but now it runs like a raped ape.
and I am trying to fix my vac leak…still…

I fixed that because if he has the hate that way His is a fucking retard
That should be a rule for tuning shops.
Hat backwards = no tune.

do you have money you want to piss away?
The 3-4gs you will spend on parts/shit that breaks/tunning/transmissions
could just be spent on better platform (not that i am one to talk)

Well with all that said…we all at the shop have talking about this sort of problem for months. If you have an appointment for the dyno give us a call for rates on checking the car over, boost leak testing yada yada, more often than not we can spot things that the owner has missed and advise before paying for dyno time. :wink:

Do i have money to waste…not really, do i want something that no one else has…yes

I can understand that.
It just that is the very hardest route sometimes
because of the lack of tuning done on the platform and after market support yadda yadda yadda
you know this I am guessing
and if you choose to do it
I wish you a luck!

sorry about the headaches guys, shitty

the most i would ever come over for is some minor welding so i can get an
a/f reading, i was in last week askin about it. dont worry im not an asshole to people who do a service for me.

My rules are as follows:

1. dont fuck with the people making your food
  2. dont fuck with the people who have your car on a lift :wink:

Best of luck

It is astounding how many people bring their cars in for “tuning” all fuxed up mechanically/electrically. You cannot tune around a mechanical/electrical problem. The customer is told that “you need fix your exhaust leak, replace your crappy aftermarket MAF sensor, etc.”. You charge them for the time it took to figure this out. The next thing, you are at best incompetent, or at worst a greedy crook ( in the virtual world of the Internet, of course). “So and so fucked me over, charged me and couldn’t even tune my car.” Or for the dyno owners, how about the cars that blow up on the dyno? Listen up, if they blow up on the dyno, they sure as shit would have blown up on the street, so what’s your point?

:tup: to innovative for their awesome tuning work, :tdown: to idiots that bring their shit there.

PS I have a sentra that I need tuned, think you can hook a brother up. :bloated:

Stop skirting around the issue, tell us how you really feel. :lol:

omg you and a couple others are the only ones who really know how frustrating that is.
the best is when you GIVE them a part that you were going to use on your car, and they still arent happy.
i just dont get where this comes from. is it upbringing? are they like this all the time? if so when (or should i say if) they make it into the real world or business, they will be in for a
http://ullman.lurid.com/website/images/forsale/shocker.jpg
or
http://dailyramblings.com/blog/images/shocker.jpg

google images rock

I have an informal checklist of things to go through before coming in for tuning. Those that follow the checklist save themselves time and money, plus they always get a tune they’re happy with. It’s that simple.

From that checklist here are the three points that most commonly cause problems:

1. fix intake side leaks whether they be from vacuum lines, charge pipes, throttle body, manifold(s), couplers, etc. Make sure all clamps are secure.
  2. fix exhaust leaks
  3. install fresh spark plugs of the correct model and with the right gap. Ask me what is correct and I will tell you. Do NOT use iridiums. I don’t mind changing plugs here if it’s a quick job. If you have an LS1 or other car where it’s not a quick job, do it beforehand.

Those three simple things solve 95% of the issues I see and it will save you folks time, money, and headaches if you take care of them before coming in for tuning.

Also:
Have the sensors and proper monitoring equipment I’ve told you I expect in the car before coming in for tuning. For some cars there won’t be any. For other setups there will be certain things that I expect you to have to tune the car in a way that satisfies both you and myself as the tuner.

For example, if you want me to tune your car for 12 psi, don’t expect me to do it on a MAP sensor capable of reading to 10 psi.

Don’t show up with a vehicle that’s unsafe to drive. If your tires are chorded, your car overheats, your suspension is heavily damaged, etc. your car cannot be tuned. It must be driven under light and heavy loads to tune it.

There’s more, but if you are unsure of whether your car is ready for tuning or not, just ask me and we can go through it.

-Mike

:word: It’s amazing how much common sense is lacking in some people. Such is life… :gotme:

man u guys must be getting some seriously shitty setups coming in. i hope this helps. Is this posted on the “other” forum as well? i think theres more kids over there that need that advice mike.

bump, so that more people see this, as i seen mike got to deal with this again today :tdown:

Is this VRT local?

Sorry guys, that you are getting the jerks.

Yep, T4 on a chiptuned setup by C4 motorsports I believe. Stock motor.

I didn’t write the chip just made minor A/F adjustments to it (running mad rich up top) and checked it all over for him so he knew it was safe with wdeband and VAG-COM.