Need ls1 base tune for 5ish psi of boost

I’m looking to get a base tune for my 02 camaro running 5ish psi of boost. I have my own hp tuners. Who do I have for options in this area?

Did you buy that book on tuning?

Your motor is stock it shouldn’t be that bad doing it your self

If you really want to pay someone newera is semi local…I wouldn’t go with JnJ.

I bought the book, and have a good base knowledge, but I’m not really confident enough to do it myself yet. If I could pay someone to set me up with a base tune, it would probably save me a ton of time on additional research and trial and error. I pm’d jnj on wnyfbody yesterday about doing it but this morning my account is suspended…

JnJ sucks at tuning good luck with that lol

The whole site is down not just your account.

Give Mike a call and see what he says.

LOL sorry you are mad for being BANNED

What is your setup? Are you keeping the MAF or going to an SD tune? Larger injectors? Upgraded fuel pump?

Seen your PM, but I have been a bit busy and now the board is down. You are welcome to give me a call and we can discuss. I will be at the shop until 6 PM tonight

You can also email me your tune and I will take a look at it and figure out if you have something wrong

Thanks. If I get out of work before 6 today I will give you a call.

Right now I have a 2ish psi spring in the wastegate. My maf and fueling tables have been slightly modified. I am ready to step it up to the planned 5ish psi for this year. To support this I have 60# injectors ready to go in, walbro pump ready to go in, 2 bar cobalt ss map ready to go in, and for the time being the maf still in place. I am undecided on maf or sd.

I could probably get you a base tune and mail order tune if you can’t find anyone else to get you something. I’m running an SD tune with 60’s right now on my 02 SS, currently at 13-14psi with a TC78. Personally I prefer SD with forced induction but it would require you to buy the custom 2 bar OS in HPTuners if you wanted to go that route.

Especially with the non linear way turbos build boost. Running MAF works okay for belt driven FI applications because of the linear nature of the way boost is made

I’m totally open to going SD, especially since I intend to go much higher boost next year on a lm7. I’m just starting to get my feet wet in this, so I’m open to any advice. A mail order tune to get me going would be awesome. Just to get some driving and shake down time before I hit the dyno and eventually track.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested man. I assume you already have your PCM unlocked for your current setup? Let me know your turbo details and any engine mods you have. Is this a turbo kit or a truck mani setup?

Like J & J stated SD is great for a turbo setup and in my opinion is the way to go, it’s a bit more work to dial in the VE tables but in the end I believe it’s the best option. I would def recommend putting in your walbro and 60’s though if you want to run the 5ish psi setup and be safe.

If your not going to do it all yourself, I would just have New Era tune it, and enjoy driving the car. I know a lot of guys that go to somewere else thats cheaper to save money, even just to get it running and get tired of having there car run like shit after having it looked at 2-5 times and spending countless hours with that. I’m all for tuning yourself, Ive done that on some fast cars Ive had. You don’t hear alot of guys tuning them self’s after using a good tuner in the past, but you hear people doing it the other way.
You really don’t save much for spending $300 on a shit tune, then paying $400 to get it running good. I feel bad for people that I hear about wasting half a summer with there car running bad, and spending money twice on tune.

Yeah you can ask Mike from Rochester with the 98 Camaro (Hellion Camshaft) about going somewhere 2-5 times and landing up paying for a good tune anyways

JnJ I dont think YOU want to get into specifics of unhappy customers, when YOU have less happy ones out there. I think you might lose that one, if you want to start with examples. just sayin’

You always have to take a shot at someone, lol. Look at YOUR “shop”. Oh, yeah, you don’t have a shop. You rent a corner workspace wherever you can, and try to make other successful shops look bad. Mike at New Era must be doing something right since he’s been around for quite some time now, had multiple cars in multiple magazines, and gets flown all over the place to tune cars. You’d be better off just to keep your mouth shut, but you never learn.

lol

Your better off tuning it yourself before letting JnJ touch it

How come my trex car ran better then any cammed car that JnJ ever touched? Lol

Yeah if you really want to get into it we can start with customers first names & cars and I would be happy to post the thread on HP Tuners forum and even post the tunes and/or email them to a third party. Just sayin’

Busier than ever Joelster you just make sure the packages keep coming and we will be all set. I never mentioned ANY shops in my post and I have been around since 1997 so you are right. Must be doing something right. Communist Propaganda

Thanks again Sherm. I know your asshole is still hurt from being banned. Go back to something more productive.

Okay enough with the OT

If the original poster wants help getting the car running correctly I am sure he can find my phone number. With a turbo car I would definitely recommend a 2 bar SD tune. If you are looking to tune it yourself I am not sure how that would work after the 2 bar SD OS was written to your PCM. Pretty much on only thing you would need is the GM 2 bar MAP sensor and you will have to modify it a bit to fit on the factory manifold. You will see when you buy it and compare it to the OEM 1 bar sensor