Need ls1 base tune for 5ish psi of boost

Having a shop in your parents garage since 1997

Making more enemies then customers lol

Thanks for the input guys…I’m trying to look past the shit slinging here, just want to get my car up and running properly. I’m glad to take advice from anyone, as I’m sure all of you have more knowledge in this than I do. Probably going to go with a 2 bar SD base tune. I already have a cobalt ss 2 bar map. I will be installing that and the injectors tomorrow.

Interesting thread. My insight…Deff go SD

This tune should not be hard and you could even DIY the tune. With the proper data logging HP Tuners is a very easy to work with program.

Thanks everyone must start somewhere. I know at least 2 advertisers on LS1tech that work out of a residential location. Does that make them any less? Who gives a shit where something is built or where the work is done. Keep making yourself look like an asshole lol!

Proper injector characteristics make the tuning so much easier. You using the basic Siemens/Deka (Continental) injectors?

Jesus christ he’s just asking for a basemap not a fucking tune that will give him a 5second pass on the first run

The fact that LZ mentioned JnJ sucks at tuning his first 2 posts in this thread and JnJ didn’t even post yet, clearly seems that he has some sort of personal problem.

If you’re looking for people with knowledge who have tuned turbo LSx motors you should probably talk to someone with experience , or someone who has done it themselves.

I knew what his other option was iit’s not my car go whatever route you want.

I was simply making a suggestion based on JnJ making comments about drews car and other tuning convos that have come up he has made it pretty clear he doesnt understand GM computers

Everytime it came up on wny fbody JnJ would delete posts and then banned me over it

Your more then welcome to ask around how my car ran compared to the cars that randomly stalled that he tuned lol

And I haven’t been operating a shop since 97 lol

Just to make it clear I have no interest in tuning your car you should just consider other options

Since 1997? In what capacity? Oh, you put up a fake website back in 1997 trying to make your shop (dad’s garage) seem like it was on par with everyone else, gotcha :wink: . I’m curious to know what your net income is a year on your uber “shop”. I’ll take a guess and say MAYBE $15000. Don’t quit your day job (or get fired oops). You probably had to dig under daddies couch cushions to come up with the money to get your hosting back last night.

I watched you attempt to tune a car. You had NO FUCKING idea what you were doing, period. You stared at a computer screen for 30 minutes flipping through a few fields. You couldn’t get a mildly cammed LT1 car to idle, at all. You had NO IDEA where to even begin. I made a suggestion to you to drill the throttle blades, and you went and ran with it so you could get the hell out of there. You post up in here with all of this technical data, and take a shot at a reputable tuner, the shit makes me laugh my ass off.

You bring all of this onto yourself with your constant jabs, you just can’t seem to learn.

At least someone sees what is going on here.

Do tell and thanks for the advice you should really consider helping people with their problems

Didn’t know J&J was a paid advertiser/sponsor to be soliciting members here.

Excellent point!

Maybe a mod should suspend his pm ability, since you know damn well he’s probably sent a few to the op.

JnJ has not sent me any PM’s either on this site or his own. I appreciate the input. I’ll probably give it a shot on my own this weekend and see what I can come up with. If things don’t go well, I’ll be giving someone a call for some help.

YOU MAD BROS?

We don’t like your shady business practices

Glad you gave up in performance and roll back odometers for cash after you got fired from carquest

Yeah you mad bro

Wow what a shit show.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Good luck getting your car tuned guy. If I had ambition Its something I would like to learn

I’m new here and have been reading through some of the threads. I must say some are a bit harsh. What a shame we all have to get nasty over things related to our hobby.

I just want to put in my personal experience with J&J and New Era. This is my non biased experience.

I have taken my GTO to New Era twice. The first time the engine was N/A. Mike from New Era did pretty good. The second time I added a Procharger and the results were ok. I asked about a Speed Density tune. Mike didn’t want to do it. It would take too much time and cost big money. I wasn’t happy but I was ok with that. The car did run very rich and fuel consumption was very high. I lived with it because I took Mike’s word that that is the best that could be done with the car.

Then I met the J&J crew at a local cruise night. They were circled around my car so I figured I would see what they were up to since I never seen these guys before. So after a couple hour conversation. I liked what I heard. So I gave them my car for a day. They did a Speed Density tune/ road tune. The car ran like there was a different engine in there. Smoother, crisper, it didn’t burn your eyes from running so rich. The results on the dyno were like night and day. The car went from 515 rwhp to 586 rwhp. Fuel consumption dropped dramatically. I’m a happy camper.

Love 'em or hate him. It don’t matter to me. My car is a real joy to drive. So whatever the man did in his past or if he works out of a “lean to” instead of a million dollar shop, he and his guys did well for me.
I do have both of the dyno sheets. So if anyone doesn’t believe me I can show you.

Btw, there was another tuner up in the north towns that tried to tune my car. It was a complete disaster. Like an honorable man he refunded my money. So I’ve been through the “mill” with “tunes” and “tuners.”

Great to hear someone with something to say that’s not an attack. I had jnj install my clutch and it turned out great, Ive seen builds of his and in the future when I need a tune i plan to go to him.

That’s funny you mentioned jnj doing your clutch. I normally do my own. But I’m getting older and I now have the luxury of paying others for certain jobs I no longer wish to do. Last year jnj did the clutch on my GTO. For the price of parts and labor, hell I would even open my tool box to do it. Works great! No problems what so ever.

Did JnJ tune your car or did Chuck? Also that 12.44 @ 114.9 can’t be a supercharged number I hope.

For a heavy ass gto it might be