Need ls1 base tune for 5ish psi of boost

It shouldn’t take 586rwhp to run 114mph. Even in a heavy ass GTO.

True

The business J & J Speed Shop tuned the car. The only thing that matters is the customer is happy with the results and has a good amount more HP & Torque at the end of the day.

Out sourced tuning lol

Point being it’s not you who does the majority of tunes…Now that he has a wife, kid, and a real job and hasn’t had time to hang out in your parents garage and call it a speed shop.

And your banned from LS1Tech?

No doubt. Is Chuck still available for tuning through J & J Speedshop or are you now doing the tuning?

Yes Chuck is still tuning and has been pretty busy lately. If he isn’t available then usually I am. Only difference is what takes Chuck 1 hour, takes me 2 hours and I would rather spend my time building engines and doing other stuff.

My car always ran great on the Chuck tune when it was NA. :tup:
The base tune he gave me for my FI build helped quite a bit as well.

Another motor this year? Look at u go!

Noooooooooooooo …Not yet.

Waiting to hear back from Detroit though. Wanna road trip it again?

I meant to direct that jandj but u know I am down. We can go the shorter way now

HAHAHAHAHA I get it now!

joke fail

I don’t want to get into the middle of y’alls hatred for each other. I’ve seen enough hatred in this world after serving 21 yrs. in the military. It very disheartening for me to see this crap happen amongst ourselves. I thought this would be a cool and useful forum to join. Maybe not in my case.

@cougarspeed, that was the first and only run the car had in the 1/4. I was at Empire last Sat. for opening day. I did have an issue. The dipstick was dislodged from the tube spraying oil on the headers. So I didn’t want to run it again until things were checked out.
Yes the run was at a measly 12.44 @114.9
(3700lbs. car) a 200 lbs. passenger, 3/4 tank of fuel, plus the added weight of of the BMR frame ties/strut rod bar which is around 50 lbs., and the weight of the whole supercharger kit. That box wasn’t light. lol. I was also sleeping at the light with a .749 R/T. <<yep these are my excuses and I’m sticking to 'em.
So next time I get a chance to go play at the track. There won’t be a passenger nor 3/4 tank of fuel. And i will be a little quicker on the tree. I’m not looking to break land speed records or get into a “who’s balls are bigger” contest. Just out for a little fun and enjoy the hobby. Life is to short.

As for the tuning. Chuck physically tuned the car. He did give me a J&J card with his name on it awhile back. So to me as a customer, he was representing himself as a partner with J&J. They were all together the night I met these guys at a cruise.

Later, Sarge

There is a fair amount of back-stories as a lot of us have been on the same messageboards for 10 years +. Lots of good and bad blood develops over those years and with the shield of the internet a lot of BS comes about. There are a relatively good amount of knowledgeable people on this board; and there are a LOT of smart-asses here as well.

:popcorn:

Not sure where I was involved in any hatered so I can only assume you mean between jnj, lz, and joelster.

Few things

• Welcome and glad to have you on the forum!
  • While not defending each side as stated there is established reason some here have bad blood. This is life.
  • I too am a combat veteran and former Sgt. It would be nice if everyone was just happy and nice all the time. But this just isn’t a realistic thing and I would be lying if I didn’t say JnJ brings much of this on himself with many years of comments and slander against other builders/tuners. Heck I have even had it come back to me that he badmouths what I have done as well and am just a hobbyist such as yourself. Not saying others shouldn’t be more mature though but this is just my view on it.
  • R/T is not a factor in et or mph
  • If your oil dipstick blew out spraying oil all over your are likely having a PCV related issue or need to perform a leakdown test to find out why it was pressurized. This could very well explain the low mph. Even at your weight it should be 123-125mph minimally IMO.

Wow this thread turned into a real gem. Love the New Era bashing from JnJ as always…

@cougarspeed, sorry I wasn’t meaning you. I should have been a bit clearer.
Thank you for the “Welcome.”

Your right on about the bad blood and life thing. I like to settle things over a beer personally. Getting to old to fight over shit like that.

I think the dipstick may have been dislodged from the last time I cleaned the engine compartment. There is a road nearby that I can take it balls out and see if it does pop out. I don’t want to take it down the track and mess up the lane.

I would be beyond ecstatic it that car ran over 120 in the 1/4.

Thank you for your service to our country. <salute>

Lastly, my apology to the original poster for the threadjack.

FYI, Cruise nite tonight at the Ebenezer Ale House in West Seneca. I be there for a couple cold ones myself.

Later, Sarge

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Yeah, I know it happens. Got to take the good with the bad. The one Corvette forum I’ve been on since its beginning back in '01 has actually kept it clean and decent. I was a Mod on there for many years. Never really had to reprimand anybody. The founder does not allow any bashing, flaming or malicious acts. Granted it is a paid forum which probably does help keep the nonsense down. I’m a lifetime member there so I’m ahead of the game as far as dues go.

Later, Sarge

I like you but you can’t truthfully tell me this is ONE SIDED? New Era, The Fan Boys, and LZ add lots of fuel to the fire and are JUST AS GUILTY of the bullshit

Seriously you can suck my dick. The whole New Era BS started when someone under the direction of Mike decided to call AFR, Procharger, Moser and a few other manufactures to say I was at the time working out a residential location. Many of these manufactures called me and we laughed about it together. Before that I didn’t give a shit about New Era because they weren’t even on my radar. The one common thing that was mentioned was what I did to piss them off. I also had a few friends tell me that is just how Mike is and he doesn’t play well with others. I am friends with many other LS performance shop owners and I have offered to squash this shit in the past but the bandwagon dick suckers like yourself (Choda, LZ, Joelster, Studderin) keep the bullshit going.

I would also like you to point out the bashing? I am not going to apologize when a car gets tuned by my business and makes more HP than the previous tune and is still 100% safe, because in the end the customer wins. I am also not going to apologize when a car from another shop stalls 15+ times pulling it into the shop and leaves without stalling.

Don’t talk about me or mention my name fggt