a VERY respectable Honda

:drool: 285’s on a prelude? check out whats turning (or molesting) them.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1645997&page=1

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5257/tires016medium3jn.jpg

nice :smiley: alot of work tho…

very respectable. As i was reading (some of it) i noticed a bunch of them talking about throwing an LS1 into a 240 haha.

wow, just went thru every page. thats crazy

I give the guy credit but I have to ask…why?

why not is the question! that hard is damn hot!

he probably wanted to be different…het had what he needed and thought he’d make a great one off car.

highly respectable

highly droolable

thats fricken awesome…sooo much fab work…thats why he did it…i didnt read much of it…24 pages lol…lots of great pics, but i think he does it becuase he just loves welding, and making custom fabs…

badass for sure

i knew something was wrong when i saw that rear diff and the axles, well, i didn’t bother to click the link, until i saw that it. very cool. i ve always wanted to do that to my mazda3, put a RX-7 engine in it and rear wheel drive the damn thing.

wonder how much that thing weighs now, thats a lot of reinforcement just to make a honda RWD, FYI they make RWD cars :o so all I can see is this guy was either bored and wanted something to do, or he loves his prelude that much, just cant figure that one out though, ghay.

nice engine !! wrong fucking car.

all hondas are respectable! …a lot of money being burnt tho…nice job being done

most local hondas are more respectable than most of the the rusted out 240s on this site.

Thumbs up for his fab work,

but he should of bought another camaro.

Im not saying that some hondas arnt respectable, but you see more uncle bens specials running around then you do tastefully modified honda’s.

And to the people asking “Why?”, seriously why not? sure he could have gone out and bought say maybe a used nsx or camaro, but whats the originality in that? his car wouldnt be posted on multiple forums and be being watched by what im sure is thousands of people. I think the amount of work and inguinity into this project is amazing, i would definatly rather embark in a project like this then go out and buy a 40k car.

btw I believe he posted somewhere throughout the thread that the car wieghed in at just over 2500lbs.

“Im not saying that some hondas arnt respectable, but you see more uncle bens specials running around then you do tastefully modified honda’s.”

personally i think that comment goes for 240sx too i see way more riced out 240sx then tastefully modified 240sx’s

Personally i wouldnt pick a prelude for that kind of project but to each their own and his fab work is impressive for being unexperienced

~ Justin

i took the time to read most of his posts, he’s doing alot of work, and fairly well. However, i doubt the car will track straight or drive nice. Suspension geometry isn’t as simple as weld in this here and put that there.

On the other hand, i’m rooting for him to prove me wrong and have it drive beautifully.

On another note…i find it rather funny that he spent all this itme and money transforming a perfectly good prelude to rwd with an ls1 and then bought an s13 coupe…

Hindsight i suppose.

Thats the first and only Honda that has ever made sence to me.

But it’s not a honda and more!!!

i read the first few pages of this thread forever ago but i forgot about it. good find

holy siht. thats one crazy project he has on his hands.

wow thats a lot of work. good stuff.