Accepting payment via Western Union

So, I’m selling parts from my old car. Some dude wants to pay me thru Western Union…I have to go to some branch or whatever.

I dunno why he won’t use paypal, but whatever. The way it was explained to me is that I go to the branch, they give me the cash, and everything’s good.

Is there anything I need to know? Exorbitant fees? I’m thinking getting scammed or some bullshit hold put on ur account is basically impossible in this situation…yes?

You can go to any western union in the area, not just one specific branch. I don’t understand your last sentence, but you can’t get scammed if you’re the receiver.

Have you ever done a western union before? You just fill out a form with your info, his info (not too much info, just like name, address and #, nothing serious), and your ID and you get the cash. He pays the fees, not you.

its better than paypal

bump. some guy wants to pay me w/ this lol

what exactly do i have to do to recieve the money

^

:shrug:

You go to a western union, confirm name and what not, then receive funds. Sometimes the sender has to give you a password or something along those lines.

ugh. let me make it even easier.

How to pick up at an Agent location

got it undercontrol :sario:

and i said it was better than paypal because u get the money right away with western union, where as paypal u have to wait 3business days for it to clear into your bank account