Accident - January 3, 2007

Nice progress man…:R

wholy shit man i cant belive this happend, long time no see and talk. but glad to see everything worked out well, thought you said you were just gonna keep your NA? what are you gonna do with it after the swap?

anywayz take care man glad to see everythin worked out see you guys at the next meet(hopefully Rick plans it when the weather is good)

oh yea how much did everything cost in total? lol i’d like to hear this…lol

Omar.

ps. we have almost the same rims

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o60/lovemys14/rims3.jpg

Hey Omar,

You barely come on anymore. I dropped out of Seneca so I’m never around there much anymore.

I’m swapping my car to TwinTurbo. That will probably be as the warmer weather hits.
The front clip cost me $2000. The fender and door cost me around $100 (Don’t remember). The paint cost me $500. The Wheels and tires cost me around $2500. So total around $5100. I’m selling parts that I don’t need off of the front clip so I am saving money.

The rims don’t seem too similar to me but I guess they kind of fall in between the rims I have on my car now and the old rims.

So get this guys. I get home and my dad came to tell me that the stupid Fire Department is charging me for dispatch.
First off, I didn’t call the Fire Truck. Second, the station is literally less than a minute of walking away from the accident. Third they didn’t do anything but take down my plate and information and force me to get my car towed to an accident reporting centre. Everything combined was less than 5 minutes of them driving by to get to their station.
What do you think about this?
I told my dad that I was going to deal with them and I plan not to pay a dime.
He said I’m not to do anything because they’ll go through my insurance to get the money. This isn’t even for the damaged sign though. This is the Fire Station just trying to get money for coming out to where my car was.

thats ****ing retarded. if they get paid to do that where do i sign up?

They get paid, I know that.
Tax money that we pay goes to having full safety and protection on the streets, in our houses, etc.
What if someones house were burning down? They get a bill 2 months later… “Sorry Mam… you just lost your home after we put out the fire and your entire family died in it, but heres your bill for our services. Hope we can serve you again.”
That’s seriously ****ed.
Why should we have to pay them again after the fact?

Before you guys get to worked up look at it from both sides…If your house was on fire would you want them there?

“Sorry Mam… you just lost your home after we put out the fire and your entire family died in it, but heres your bill for our services. Hope we can serve you again.”

So if you crash your car does your mechanic say “sorry about your luck, how about I fix it for free!!!”

You’ve obviously never been in an emergency situation where the fire department has played a major role. It takes a lot of guts and patience to do what they do everyday.

Mike

If you read past, I mentioned that they are not doing anything for free.
They’re already paid by means of tax money.
They are paid by the government specifically for that job. Secondly, I did not call them at all, they showed up on their own. Using the same example, if I got in an accident, it is entirely my choice if I want to use a mechanic that charges what they do or work on it myself for free. In the same respect, I did everything myself. They did absolutely nothing. No pushing, no moving my car, no clearing debris, no taking pictures, no assistance whatsoever.

If my house were on fire then of course I would want them there. In that case I am fully acknowledging the need and in any event, they are not to charge for that service. Again, they are there and paid by the government strictly for that reason.

To answer your question, I have been in an emergency situation where the fire department was required and used. No bill came from that.

Patrick, sorry to hear about your missfortune.

Did you ever find a good shop for your swap? I’m in need to find a good shop as well. Someone that knows there way around a Z is hard to come by. Someone had mentioned to me that there may be a good Z shop in Mississauga, but that’s all I know. Perhaps someone may be able to enlighten.

I’m 50/50 with taking my car to Japanese Imports for the swap right now. They’re an affiliate on this board. Dennis says he can get it done in 2 weeks max.
The other 50% is me doing it myself. I’m thinking of taking a week off of work and doing nothing but that for the week. I’ve done bigger stuff on cars in less than a week hurriedly so I’m thinking this shouldn’t be too far off if I take my time.
I usually do all the work myself so I’m not sure of any specific Z shop, but JI can probably do things for you. They always have Skylines and I’ve seen a few Zs there too.
http://www.japaneseimports.ca

I don’t know if Angelica has any other suggestions. Shorteaz??

VUK at Absoloute Motor Sports (in sauga) is a reputable Z mechanic, works only on the Z’s

his site is www.amszstore.com