Accidents Yesterday

Anyone else see a ton of accidents because of the snow yesterday? I was coming home from Altoona around lunch time and there were a ton of accidents because of the snow. Near Ebensburg, I saw an Expedition that had just flipped over and was one of only 3 people that pulled over to see if everyone was ok. The first lady just called 911 but couldn’t do anything the help the woman out of her car. The truck was laying on its drivers side and I couldn’t get on top to open the passanger door, so I had to go around to the rear and pry the back doors open. I pulled the woman out and we waited for paramedics. She was pretty shaken up but I think she was ok. I didn’t even get to give her my name or anything because the paramedic just said for me to leave and that he didn’t want me or my car on the side of the road in case anyone else wiped out.

Hopefully you guys were all safe yesterday, the roads near town didn’t seem too bad.

Hopefully the roads aren’t too bad today as I’m making my trek home from school for the break (and switching to the winter beater).

I saw a Safelite van over a guardrail and a dump trailer hauling coal into the woods.

everyone ws sliding down the hill in front of my house…then the salted

I saw wrecks all over comming home from work … The roads were worse that I thought they would be

70 was a mess apparently. My old lady was on her way here from Indiana and saw a 4 car pileup and another fender bender all within a few miles (right around BV/Monessen exits.)

I drove up 79 to slippery rock last night and there were none. i was suprised. once we hit portersville exit, there was a ****load of snow

I delivered pizza in hilly, snow-covered Shaler, on bald, over-inflated tires, with absolutely no problem.

People need to learn how to drive.

I know, becuase the roads were the same everywhere and people should learn how to change the coefficient of friction. :smiley:

Yup … Thats right were I ran into it all. I got tied up on 70 and tried to by pass it by getting off Monessen … only to get tied up again, then find myself spinning and sliding all over the place

How much snow did you guys west of me get? We have probably 7" here.

Haha…dick.

As roads get worse, you correct for lessened ability to affect inertia. It’s not unlike piloting a 30 foot cabin cruiser.

And it’s not that ****ing difficult. I drove through feet of snow and ice to get to Quebec last year. On bald summer tires.

We got maybe 1.5" total here in California, and it’s already gone. Except for shaded areas.

Indiana and Ebensburg were the worst for me when I was on 22. Good to hear everyone else was safe yesterday.

I was up near Clarion all day yesterday. About 4 inches or so. Lots of drunken 4wd donuts in the shop parking lot, but that’s about it.

All we got was ice and people were flying down the road at normal speeds, straight into fields and telephone poles.
I got bitched at for going half the speed limit…then again I didn’t total my car like the rest of them did.

pussy

where 70 and 79 meet was a mess. it took me 2 hours and 45 minutes to get through bumper to bumper traffic trying to get into washington and go 79 north

man am I glad I don’t live in that snowy mess anymore!

it’s easy for your car. Even with bald summer tires on snow, it doesn’t have enough power to spin the tires. Try driving a car with more power than a pedal bike in the snow and then talk. :smiley: