Adelphia HD service sound issues

Anyone else use the Adelphia HD+DVR receiver? Mine has been doing this for like 2 months now…

On the standard HD channels (CBS, ABC, NBC) my sound and sometimes video just cut out, are choppy or are shitty quality, like it is unable to buffer the video enough. Anyone else have this going on??

Adelphia sent a tech out and he basically said, yea they all do this, not much we can do sorry… :wtf:

call them up and tell them to pick up their junk because they suck

Direct TV

599 for the HD DVR receiver from direct tv… no thanks :lol:

Total BS. I haven’t been having any major issues with sound or picture. I’m assuming you’ve already unplugged the box and “rebooted” it… so to speak. I’ve come to the conclusion that most everyone that works at adelphia is a complete moron. I know RX3 and myslef have had our DVR boxes reboot every night/morning around 3:15 a.m. When we called about it, they claimed they were “updating”. For over a month??? And I see no improvment in the services :smash2:

Oh don’t get me started with those motherfuckers. :mad:

But on a good note, I haven’t experienced any problems with my HDTV at all. (3:15am reboot not withstanding)

damnit… these fuckers told me it happens to everyone… this is so annoying I almost threw my receiver through the window during Lost 3 weeks ago.

FACK

yes i’ve rebooted mine, or better yet it has rebooted itself many many many times as you guys have also stated :stuck_out_tongue:

The reboot most likely is how it updates its program guide,etc. Dish Network DVRs do the same thing at 3 AM.

Yeah, right in the middle of me taping supercross racing, and Adult Swim :mad:

A couple weeks ago wkbw (channel 7) had major HD issues, not Adelphia’s fault. The wind took down their HD antenna, and Adelphia gets the HD feed from that antenna.

Last year wivb (channel 4) had all kinds of issues. They ended up replacing the di-plexer and for some reason it would drop the center track. I ended up DVR’ing several shows where all you got was the left, right surround and sub tracks. Pretty useless. Once they get the settings on the diplexer fixed though it’s been great. Again, not really an Adelphia issue though, since the signal they got from wivb was the problem.

The only real problem I have with my HD-DVR is occasionally it will lose sync coming off fast forward with the video/audio. It happens more if I’m recording an HD feed and trying to play back an HD recording at the same time. A click on the “4 second back” button gets it right back in sync though.

Overall, :tup: for my Adelphia HD DVR. Sure beats paying big bucks for the equipment from DTV and still not getting HD locals without a damn antenna. If they’d just get their fight with fox over with I could get rid of the amplified antenna I have out in the garage.

One more thing. The Explorer 8000 runs HOT. Make sure it has plenty of airflow and NEVER put anything on top of it. A, anything on top of it will get cooked, and B, the Explorer will roast it’s little laptop hard drive in no time.

I’ve seen similar issues, mainly with “live” programming, nothing else really has had any issues. I actually have everything (Reciever and DVD) on top of mine, and it works just fine, but it’s not in a cabinet or anything. No idea on burn-out, it has been like this for over a year now with no issues.

I haven’t noticed the 3:15 issue, but then again, I’m rarely up that late.

I say how great it’s been, go to sit down and watch Las Vegas, and they screwed it up. I think it was WGRZ though. I’ve noticed any time they put that stupid weather alert up it switches to a mode with bars on the sides and top. Screw the people in the southtowns. If they don’t know they get lake effect snow and need to watch the weather channel by now they deserve to get stuck. No need to screw up people’s shows just to tell us every 10 minutes that it’s going to snow.

Ive had my HD cut out a few times, nothing major but annoying when youre watching the football game in HD. I think as time goes on the HD feeds will improve but for now we will be left to go through some growing pains. But boy monday night football sure does look fantastic right now on my sony sxrd :slight_smile:

Got mine for 99 bucks, adelphia blows

Directv >

BTW, complain complain complain

the more you call

the more notes you have on the account

the more money you will get back

Are you using an HDMI cable? If you are… then try component… HDMI cables are inherently bad with audio dropout. Dont know the tech as to why… I’m sure you can read about it online somewhere… but the hdmi = Teh suck use component…

DTV is suposed to have HD locals sometime next summer I think, We were learning about the new dish toady. Havn’t seen it in person but its going to be pretty big, like 3’ around. Its going to hot 5 satalites in the sky as aposed to the three it hits now. You can get the hd tivos at a decent price if you just know how to talk to them. I had aselphia HD, it sucked, was in and out all the time!

yea adelphia sucks my hd box also reboots every nite like 3 to 4 times in a nite they said that there is nothing wrong with the box. plus this thing would make a grinding noise at nite that was out of control when they gave me a new box the grinding stoped but it still reboots at nite out of control same with the digital cable box in my livingroom

Yeah, its December, in Buffalo… there might be snow…

Yea i noticed that too, i used to have my home theater over it and one day i checked it and it was frying itself, it now sits alone :stuck_out_tongue: