adjusting stud mount roller rockers

I had to replace my lifters which means i had to take my rockers off. i have no clue how to adjust, tighten, etc.

anyone around the north hills area wanna give me a hand?

Hydraulic or Solid?

OHC or OHV?

If hydraulic, did you fill them with oil first?

General rule-of-thumb with hydraulics is: Tighten up to zero lash then 1/4 turn more to preload the lifters.

hyraulic lifters yes. let them soak overnight in oil.

i have no clue how to adjust. HELP! lol

General EOIC (exhaust opening, intake closing) method:

http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Instructions/Files/COMP4-116.pdf

pump them in oil first then method above, double check that the lifter is on the base circle of the cam tighten till there is no lash then preload 1/4 - 1/2 turn

are the rockers even adjustable?

those are what i have

i’ve also heard with the preload method you can check to see if its loaded properly by turning the pushrods as you tighten the rocker down. the pushrods should get harder to twist and eventually be somewhat snug

this is the correct way to adjust stud mount roller rockers I’ve done this many times

I did this method on several cars:

1. tighten all the rocker nuts down barely hand tight

2. start the engine with the valve covers off

3. tighten/loosen each rocker nut until valve train noise goes away

4. shut off car

5. turn the rocker nut an additional 1/4 turn (putting gear paint on rocker studs that are hard to reach is an easy way to make sure you get a 1/4 turn on nuts that you can barely get)

6. tighten down poly locks (make sure those are nice and tight

7. (optional) give the rocker nuts an additional 1/8 of a turn, just to make sure the poly locks are nice and tight

8. put everything else back together and have fune :smiley:

gotta put the upper intake back on then, time it, take the intake off, put the valve covers and intake on and re time it.

not to mention oil everywhere right?

never worked on a 5.0, so I don’t know if it would be the best method for you… I was just throwing ideas out there.

and the oil doesn’t get too messy. The last time I did it, I didn’t have any spill at all.

I’ve done it that way before as well. Can be messy.

We’ll just use the EOIC method with no need to run the motor.

See ya around 5:30 - 6:00.

:bigthumb: