Advanced Riders Course?

Has anyone taken it?
Is it worth it?

Should I just use that money and actually go to a real riding school?

Should I just say fuck it all and teach myself to be a pro like a baws!?

pm vtrdarren and spam*** . I think they both teach it.

I bet he says its worth it, but he’ll also tell you to go to a trackday in the beginner group with STT.

I can vouch for that, it was a ton of fun. (They do 15 minute track sessions, then 15 minutes of school. then a 15-30 min break) then repeat. Which really helps with the learning process.

VTRDarren teaches the course, I turned down the opportunity to get certified for the ARC. Not enough draw from people who want to take it to justify the cost. Miss a year teaching it & you start over with certification… I’ve ridden it, highly recommend it. But what I would advise would be collect your friends & take it together. It only runs a few times a year, supply/demand… For $150, and one day for street maneuvers vs. track cornering techniques.

That sounds interesting. Where do they teach the course? Is it on a track or a parking lot style class?

While this thread is up, does anyone have any interest in taking it? I’d be willing to organize one for everyone to happen within the next month.

YES. Depending where, I may need to gear down but I’ll come crash where ever.

I got too fat for my old gear so if I get track pants and a 360 zipper jacket in time, I will be down for it.

I’d consider it.

OK then. I’ll keep you guys updated and see if I can get a few more to fill out one class. Anyone at all interested can post here or PM me and I’ll keep you updated.

Here’s the page for anyone interested … http://www.ridewpride.com/RwP/Arc.html

This is also just a precursor to a beginners track day.

^wooo. you’re going to be hooked!

in for facts

Where does this take place? I have to send my tech 8 out for repair, hopefully it ges back intime.

This is an MSF course, standard 120x220 tarmac range, 40’ of runoff. Usually the ECC North Range is used for the ARC, 3wheel, and Scooter classes. Over the ankle footwear, long pants, long sleeves, full finger gloves, DOT helmet, and eyewear/face shield. No leathers are required, no full zippered pants to jacket required. I would encourage wearing the footwear you ride in (pending they’re over the ankle and not DC’s), and dress comfortably. Vented/mesh jackets, borrow an open helmet if you’d like, and sunglasses are legal for the range for use. If it’s scorching hot, full leathers, race ready full gauntlet gloves, and back protector will not be your friend. It’s not the track, it’s a parking lot.

Techniques I really picked up on and remember are the reducing radius exercise, the swerve, and what has been coined as the washing machine which works on correct body, arm and head position etc while cornering. This will really help people like Boxxa who was fixated on saying they’re great riders except when it comes to turns… You can ride this on a supermoto, to a sportbike, Harley or even a goldwing. I rode a few of the exercises on another fellow rider coaches K1300GT BMW touring bike with bags.

You’re not going to be a track star when you’ve completed this, it will correct a lot of bad habits I know everyone has including myself. It will make you aware of things that you didn’t realize will help you turn, balance, swerve, stop and all around ride better. Without being told, shown, and then do, you’ll never realize what you’re doing, not doing, or should be doing. From there you’ll be a better street rider and have more of the skills that would be of a greater asset if you did take a track oriented class at a later time.

The office number goes to Kristy, tell her you’re attempting to collect bodies to get enough together for an ARC class. Between her, Rebecca and coordinating with Darren, and the other’s with the ARC cert availability, they’ll set a date.

Still wanna spark up this debate again huh tool bag?

lol

Someone bring a stopwatch.

You mad bro? You’re not the only one, live, learn and move on. Never had something brought up that you did stupid in the past?

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Every rider coach carries one on the range.

I already am! There’s only so many on/off ramps you can ride before you know it’s time to throw on a suit and get on a track. I honestly think my skill level is past the ARC and ready for a beginner level track day but I’m willing to play it slow and smart and take any and all advice I can get. Plus, I need something to get this season started and get used to the new setup and setting on my bike for this year.

Even if you don’t take everything away, it’s a good brush up on street strategies and warm up for senses.

I agree 100%